Chapter 2.15: Hook, Line, and Biter!

IMPORTANT: Sorry, I usually don't like to put notes at the top of my chapters, but I know a lot of you don't read the bottom part. I just want to ask again whether you all want the abilities shown in the Pokedex entries of her caught Pokémon or not. Only a couple people answered last time and I don't want to base how the whole of you readers feels on that.

If only people comment to say yes, that you want the abilities listed, then I want at least 4 new people to answer. If there are comments of some saying yes and some no, then I'll go by majority vote.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm bored." Emmy complained as they sat along the bank of a river. Tall grass stood out behind them.

"Shh." Zia said, her eyes closed. "But we've been sitting here for an hour doing nothing!" The Serperior whined, fidgeting. "It's called relaxing. You could use it." Sky grumbled from her other side, her eyes also closed.

"I didn't come along to meditate! Let's train or something." Emmy tried again, only for the other two to ignore her. "Come on, guys. How long are we going to do this? Let's get up, move around, anything! Come o-" "Emmy, if you don't be quiet, I will shove a rock down your throat." Sky growled, irritated.

Emmy shot her a glare, which the Luxray didn't see as her eyes were still closed, before glaring out into the river. Relaxing? Pfft, relaxing is dumb. What they need is action! Training, running, battling, even just walking. But sitting and relaxing? Not her thing.

Zia sighed as the quiet returned. Being able to think again, she went through everything she had to do here. There was getting the badges, training her Pokémon, finding information regarding Team Rocket, preforming in the Johto League, and then when she gets back to Kanto she has to meet up with KC and catch up, resume her Champion duties, and anything else that comes up. You know, maybe relaxing wasn't the best idea.

Meanwhile, Sky's mind was blissfully blank, truly meditating. She thought of nothing and listened to the river rushing by, the gentle swaying of the grass, Emmy screaming, and the bird Pokémon chirping. Wait... Emmy screaming?

"Get it off my tail! Get it off!" The Serperior cried as she moved her tail around, something blue attached to it. Zia and Sky opened their eyes and turned to see a Pokémon latched onto Emmy's tail by its mouth. Zia realized it was a Totodile, like the one they met back with Professor Elm.

Finally, Emmy managed to throw the starter Pokémon off and it landed on a rock out in the river. It didn't mind, though, as it jumped from one foot to the other, seeming to laugh as it hopped on the rock.

"Why you-!" Emmy seethed before grabbing the closest thing to throw. She felt something hard and circular in her vines and chucked it at the Pokémon without looking at what it was.

It ended up being a pokeball as it tapped the Totodile, sucking the Pokémon into it. "Well... that was interesting." Zia stated, watching the pokeball shake a couple times. She thought it was about to be a successful, though accidental, capture when the Totodile popped out, resuming its dancing on the rock.

"Interesting? That thing is insufferable! It bit my tail." Emmy exclaimed as she started to use a leaf storm. As the leaves headed towards the other Pokémon, the Totodile froze for a moment, its eyes sharpening, before it released a hydro pump.

The strong water-type move not only pushed back the leaf storm, but also sent the trio flying back into the tall grass. Coughing, Zia crawled back out, not expecting that to happen. "Are you guys okay?" She asked her Pokémon. Sky walked out, shaking her fur to get as much of the water out as she could. "Yeah, just wet." She mumbled in annoyance.