Chapter 10: Of the Same Coin

Stiles sighed as he pulled into the driveway of the Martin house. He was thinking about what Peter told him, and what the betas had come across while patrolling. Things were getting out of hand and they still had nothing to identify the killer.

He walked up to the front door to find it already open with Erica grinning at him. "Come on in, Batman."

Erica dragged him upstairs to where the girl's had set up for their little gathering. He made a show of throwing himself on a pile of pillows and groaning. "Oh my gods, I want to just sleep for days and not wake up."

"Stop being so dramatic, Stiles. It's not like we haven't dealt with things this stressful before." Lydia said, using her foot to prod his side.

"Yeah, but we're practically blind right now,'' He turned to face her, "and Peter's back, by the way. He had a couple things to say about our mystery killer."

"Of course he did," Lydia rolled her eyes, "but we're not here to talk about that, we're going to relax and hang out. No talk about the killer, the bodies, the FBI, or kidnapped students."

"What we are gonna talk about is you and Derek." Allison said.

"Me and Derek? There is no me and Derek!"

"Please, we're not blind. Heck, even your cousin figured it out after the first meeting." Erica piped up.

"You told them?" Stiles glared at Lydia.

She shrugged, "Of course."

"Riiight. Well, I'll tell you what I told Spencer, there's nothing there."

"Maybe not, but you wish there was." Erica grinned.

Stiles opened his mouth and closed it multiple times, making himself look like a fish out of water, "I do not!"

"You hesitated!" Allison accused.

"No I didn't!"

"Yeah you did." Lydia said.

"Even if you didn't, your heartbeat gives you away." Erica said with a wide grin.

Stiles groaned into the pillow, "Can we please stop talking about this? It's bad enough that strangers keep thinking we're a thing, I don't know how much longer Derek is going to tolerate this and I really like my neck where it is, okay?"

"I'm sure Derek would be glad to attack your neck, just not how you think." Allison wiggled her eyebrows.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Erica rolled her eyes, "Oh come on, us that can, we can smell it. All the time. On both of you."

Stiles just glared at the girls before using his magic to throw pillows at them, ensuing a pillow fight in the Martin's movie room.

...

"My, my, nephew. It seems that the town has turned into a hell hole, again." Peter said, facing the wall of windows once Derek entered the loft.

"Peter. So convenient that every time something goes down, you're nowhere to be found."

"It is, isn't it?" He smirked.

"Where were you."

"I had business to attend to, nothing to worry yourself with."

Derek frowned, "You better not be up to something, we have enough to deal with as it is."

"Of course not, nephew, if anything I'm going to help, just ask Stiles."

Derek growled at Peter mentioning Stiles, to which the older man just chuckled and made his way out of the loft, headed for the vaults.