Chapter 13: Strawberry Gashes

Two days later, Danny woke up to the alarm on his phone going off in his ear, and he scrambled to turn it off.

"What? It's too early for this.." He sighed as he looked at his window only to see it was still pitch black outside.

Rubbing the sleep off his eyes, Danny opened his phone to see why it had woken him up ahead of schedule. When he was met with a red, flashing screen, he scrambled off the bed and began dressing with one hand and made a phone call with the other.

"C'mon, pick up, pick up."

"What is it?" Derek answered the phone groggily.

"Emergency meeting, now! I need you to howl!"

As soon as the words left his mouth, Derek wasted no time in doing what he was asked. Danny could hear the howl through the phone, but also outside his window even this far away. He didn't have to wonder if the rest of the pack had heard because he also heard all of the responding howls from the other werewolves. On the off chance they weren't already up, Danny sent off messages in the 'humans' group chat, where he got confirmation from the others. Not a minute later, Jackson was in his driveway ready to pick him up, and the two drove like bats out of hell towards Lydia's house.

...

Lydia was woken up by the howls from the wolves, as well as her own senses pulling at her. As unconventional as her pack was, it seemed that even the banshee felt some of the side effects of being in a pack. As she got dressed, the feeling didn't go away, and so she knew that something was going to happen soon. Someone was going to die and she wasn't looking forward to the raspy feeling her throat got after she screamed.

As soon as she was done, she made her way outside to wait for Jackson and Danny to pick her up.

...

The moment the Hale Alpha howled, Allison's eyes snapped open, knowing there would be trouble of some kind. She wasted no time in getting ready, darting out of her room. She met her father in the living room of their apartment.

"I'll make sure the other hunters stay away, call me if you need assistance."

"I will."

Allison responded to Danny's text before setting her phone down and getting in her car, expecting to be the first of the commuter pack members to arrive since she lived the closest to the loft.

...

Erica woke up to her Alpha's howl and immediately responded with one of her own as soon as he finished, as did the other wolves. She jumped out of bed and grabbed clothes at random and dressed herself before leaping out her window and running towards Boyd's house, knowing he would wait for her.

When she reached his house, he was already in his truck, the passenger door open. She climbed inside, Boyd taking off before she even closed the door fully.

...

Even before all the enhanced senses, Isaac had been a light sleeper, he had to be, living with a father like his. As soon as Derek's phone rang he woke up too, fully intent on listening in on the conversation.

After the whole debacle with the Darach, things had mellowed out in Beacon Hills. Sure, they got the rogue omega, hunter, and maybe even something more exotic, every couple of weeks, but nothing as big as this, so late night calls were rare, a sure sign of something going down.

Moments later he heard Derek's howl reverberate through the entire building, followed by the howls of the rest of the pack. Isaac resisted his own urge to howl as it would make no sense for him to do so, but he did get up to change. He made his way down to the kitchen, passing Peter on the way, to start the kettle and coffee maker, knowing some of the others would need a pick-me-up before they got down to the battle talk.