Tales from the Therapy Couch

As sunlight filtered through the penthouse windows, Chloe slowly blinked her eyes awake and stretched. She felt a delicious soreness from the previous nights' activities. She looked over at her devilish lover, who was still snoring softly.

'He looks so innocent in his sleep', she thought. Without trying to wake him, she reached over Lucifer to grab her phone off the nightstand. It was already 9:00am, which meant she had little over an hour to get dressed and head into work.

Chloe leaned over and gave Lucifer a soft kiss on the cheek, causing him to stir and mumble.

"Morning sleepyhead," she whispered. Lucifer cracked his eyes open slowly, his expression going from confused to delighted, as the memories of their dating declaration and subsequent love making came back to him.

"Morning Love," he replied before giving her a gentle peck on the lips, "how did you sleep?"

"Pretty good, but then again who wouldn't when their boyfriend is a walking feather pillow," she snickered. During the night his wings had come out and wrapped around her, and she had never felt anything so soft and warm before.

"Haha, very funny Detective," he sniffed, "fancy having a spot of brekkie with me?".

"I can't today," she said apologetically, "I'll be late for work. Are you coming into the station with me?".

"I'll be in later. I have an appointment with Linda this morning". He looked at her a bit apprehensively before asking, "Is it alright if I discuss... us with her?". Despite the events of the prior evening, Lucifer was still afraid that Chloe was going to regret everything and run.

Chloe, sensing the rabbit hole of insecurity he was about to fall in, put a hand against his cheek. "Of course, you can tell Linda about us. You're not my dirty little secret, Lucifer". Her other hand moves to take his as she looks him in the eye. "I don't regret anything about last night or anything else between us".

The devil flashed her a brilliant grin before leaning down to press his lips to hers. Chloe regrettably broke away before it could get more heated and got dressed in a pair of leggings and one of Lucifer's silk dress shirts.

"Well, well, detective, you look better in my clothes than I do" Lucifer purred as he wagged his eyebrows suggestively.

Chloe just rolled her eyes as she made her way to the elevator. "I'll see you at the precinct this afternoon," she told him, "and tell Linda I want to talk to her later!". After Lucifer had told her that Linda knew, she was determined to have a conversation with the other woman about all the Celestial madness that had dropped in her lap.

"Bye babe!" Chloe said as she blew a kiss. The flabbergasted look on her boyfriend's face kept her laughing the entire ride down the elevator.

**************

The devil was in a jovial mood as he walked into Linda's office. The tiny therapist gave a look of bemusement at the excited energy her patient was exuding. "You look much better than the last time I saw you, Lucifer," she told him.

Lucifer gave her a brilliant smile as he settled onto the couch. "Things have been going quite swimmingly as of late! The sun is shining, murders need solving, I slept with the detective..."