Discussions of Devilish Drama

It was roughly a week after her alcohol bender with Maze that Chloe finally walked into Lux. She'd thought that, now that she knew the truth, something about the place would feel different. However, it still felt like the same nightclub she'd been in many times. Her nerves were frayed by the time she entered the elevator.

Will he be there?

What if he doesn't want to see me?

What if his face is still....?

All these thoughts plagued her until the doors opened and she stepped out into the darkened penthouse. Thankfully, there weren't white sheets covering all the furniture. However, the sight that did greet her was worrisome. Lucifer's typically pristine living space was covered with take-out boxes and alcohol bottles.

Before Chloe could investigate further, she heard a grumbling voice from the bedroom. "Mazikeen! For the last time I don't want to go....... Detective?" Lucifer stuttered as he stood before her. Chloe noticed with a pang of guilt how disheveled he looked. Black curls were askew everywhere, a robe that was in desperate need of washing hung loosely from his shoulders. Lucifer's normally artful stubble was close to reaching full beard status, and his eyes were red-rimmed and sunken in (from crying or getting high she didn't want to guess).

   "Detective, you're," he paused to clear his throat, "You're back from your trip I see". "Yeah, "she replied, "Trixie and I got into town about a week ago". "I see," he replied as he made his way over to the bar to pour himself a drink, "so why are you here? Come to confront the devil in his den, have we?". "Lucifer, no" Chloe sighed.

She walked over to him and put her hand on his before he poured another shot. "Can we talk," she pleaded, "please?". He sighed at her distraught look. "Very well, if you insist" Lucifer said, before walking over and sitting down on his sofa.

Chloe sat down on the couch next to him and contemplated what she was going to say next. "While Trix and I were in Europe," she started, "I visited the Vatican in Rome". "Oh, the Vatican? Trying to exorcise me back to hell, Detective?" He sneered. "Of course not!" she replied adamantly, "I just wanted to do some research on everything I'd been bombarded with".

"Look," Chloe swallowed as she grabbed Lucifer's hand, much to his surprise "how I acted, when I saw your face, it was stupid". "I was scared, not of you exactly, but of what your existence means".

"I mean, "she huffed, "I went from believing in nothing involving heaven or hell, and then there it was throwed in my face at the worst possible moment". "I just..." Chloe squeezed his hand tighter, "I just wanted to understand where I fit in everything, in us".

   "And do you? Understand?" he asked. "Not everything," she replied, "but while I was in Rome, a wise person told me that my heart would know what's most important. My heart is telling me that I don't want to lose you".

Lucifer wrenched his hand from Chloe's grasp and stood up to pace in front of her. "You say that now, but what happens the next time you see my nastier side hmm? What then?" In the blink of an eye Lucifer's angelic visage faded and Chloe was once again confronted with the ravaged face of the devil.

"Can you accept me like this?" he asked as he stared into her blue eyes with his hellfire ones. After the initial jolt of seeing the change, Chloe took a deep breath, stood up, and walked over to Lucifer. She put her hands directly onto his face and marveled at how different the rough texture was. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to this, "she whispered, "but I'd like to try...together".

Lucifer took a shuddering breath as he changed back to his normal form, and he grabbed Chloe into a fierce embrace. "You truly are a marvel, Chloe".

Chloe stayed nuzzled into Lucifer's embrace until she noticed a rather pungent odor. "As much as I love this, Lucifer, I think you need to freshen up" she giggled. He stepped back and sniffed himself. "Ugh, I do believe you're quite right" he muttered. "Why don't you go take a shower while I clean up this mess," Chloe asked him, "then we can talk some more, yeah?".

"Sounds like a plan, Detective!" Lucifer cheered as he walked towards his bathroom. Chloe just smiled and shook her head while she cleaned up his trashed penthouse.

*******************

Journal Entry dated October 6th, 2018

I watched from across the street as Chloe entered that den of iniquity. I couldn't understand why someone of her purity would even be in a place like that. Then I recalled from my research that this nightclub was owned by her partner at the Los Angeles Police Department. A man that goes by the unfortunate name of Lucifer Morningstar, if my knowledge is correct. It boggles my mind why anyone would want to use a name associated with evil incarnate, but this city has a lot of strange bedfellows.

I had hoped that she would come out soon, but when several hours passed, I had no choice but to return to my lodgings. My imagination began to run wild at the possibilities of her staying in there so long. Was this man who calls himself after the devil closer to my beloved than I thought? My blood boiled at the thought of this man touching her, devouring her with carnal intentions. I don't understand this feeling I'm experiencing. Is it jealousy? Surely, I cannot feel so territorial over what is not yet mine to possess? Yet, I cannot help but be sickened by the thought of this other man caressing her in ways I am not. Perhaps it is time I have face to face chat with Chloe, so I can not only prove myself as a romantic partner but get an idea as to what kind of obstacle this Lucifer Morningstar is truly going to be.