Prologue- Williams Forbidden Fantasies

Journal Entry dated September 26th, 2018

Angelic.

That is the only word that I can use to describe the woman that haunts my dreams at night. When I was recommended to help a woman doing research at the Vatican library, I thought nothing of it. But when I saw her, it was as if God himself had sent me a vision. Eyes that sparkle like the bluest of oceans, long honey-colored tresses and skin like marble. Truly there had never been anything more beautiful than the woman before me. As we conversed, I could tell she was troubled and felt it my personal mission to snuff out those that would dim her light.

When I asked her about her troubles, she told me a harrowing tale of how her former fiance had turned out to be a murderer and that her partner had killed him in self-defense. This event caused her to see a side of her partner she'd never known before, and she'd fled to Rome to gain some clarity on the turmoil in her life. I briefly wondered how researching the devil related to her troubles, but as she had related to me that she was a former atheist, I simply took it that the events leading to her arrival here prompted a questioning of religion.

Over the next several weeks we grew close as I counseled her. Her wit and intelligence nearly rivaled her beauty in fascinating me. I felt things that I had thought long since lost to my youth and the priesthood. I longed to feel her gentle embrace and smell the sunlight on her skin. I wanted to stir the flames of desire in her body as surely as she had in mine. She was the forbidden fruit and I desperately wanted a taste.

I had been successful in keeping these dark desires contained until a few days ago when she told me she was leaving. I felt as though my soul was being ripped from my body, even as I smiled and wished her luck on her journey. I gave her my contact information should she need more advice and tried to go about my duties. But I can't get her out of my head. She haunts my thoughts both day and night. I decided to book a flight to Los Angeles and pursue this woman who had left my emotions in such a maelstrom. God forgive me, but I must have her, even if it is wrong.

I must have Chloe Decker