FIFTEEN

"What do we do Shinso-kun..." Y/N whined out, the purple-haired boy patting her head in a comforting manner. "There are so many people watching!"

"Calm down Masami. You'll be fine," the boy said cooly, the girl only whining more and lifting his hand from her hair. She looked up at him with a frown, puffing out her cheeks.

"That's because you actually got some training in with your quirk. All I've been doing is sitting around and watching past Sports Festivals..." she sighed out. She held onto his hand, playing with it slightly. She watched it sadly, passing it back and forth between her own hands. "Just thinking about it makes me kind of disappointed..."

"I said relax," Shinso deadpanned. He slowly removed his hand from her two, pushing it into the pocket of his tracksuit. "Hatsume-chan has already prepared several items for you so you wouldn't fall behind everyone."

"Huh? She did?" She widened her eyes, earning a simple nod in return to her surprise.

"Guess she didn't tell you then," he mused out. Some of the students had started leaving, the purple-haired boy following suit and pushing his friend along with him. She stumbled over her feet momentarily but managed to regain her balance, keeping up with the much taller male. "Hatsume-chan was complaining about needing to gain some publicity from the Sports Festival and signed you up to use her support gear."

"So she's using me as a walking advertisement. How come I didn't know about this?" Y/N asked, looking at her hands in shock. Shinso sighed at her expression.

"She probably knew you were going to accept either way. Besides," He looked forward. "She said it should help you stand a better chance against the 1-A kids. You've been watching them this whole time but don't have any real ways to avoid their quirks, right?" The boy ended with a question, the female already rubbing her forehead slightly. "I'll do my best to help you out if it ever comes down to it but I'm not making any promises. I still want to earn this on my own. Plus, I doubt you'll actually need it. You're smart enough to handle yourself."

"I suppose that's true..." she droned out. E/c colored eyes looked back towards her companion with a frown. "Are you sure you want to do so? I thought you wanted to prove you deserved to be in the hero course."

"I do," he admitted easily. "Think of it as paying you back for the training sessions." He sped up down the hallway, leaving Y/N stumbling to catch up with him.

"What does that even mean? Shinso-kun?" she yelled out, the boy refusing to answer her pleas or just not hearing her. "Don't leave me!"

----------

"Ah! Masa-chan! Just the person I was looking for!" Mei grinned, wrapping her arms around her female companion. Y/N huffed, patting her friend's wrapped arms slightly. The pinkette slowly let go, placing her hands on her hips. She proudly grinned, goggles hiding her eyes. "I already have several items I want you to try out so please do not hesitate to make any requests of me today! My inventory is at your full disposal as of today!"

"As thankful as I am for that," Y/N said, quirking a brow at her the other girl. "You sure you want me to be advertising your items for you? I'm almost positive Midoriya-kun would have been more than happy to fulfill that role for you."

"Nonsense!" Mei yelled out with a rather hearty laugh, the other girl covering her ears slightly at the action. "You've been my sole lab rat since the beginning of the year so most of my inventions are based around you! Since your quirkless, it'll be easier for you to utilize my inventions to their very best!"

"Thanks for reminding me," Y/N sighed before smiling back. She scratched her cheek. "Just don't blame me if I don't make it very far in the tournament."