Chapter 11

Ryker's POV

Lies Lies Lies

I want to think it's all a lie. That he's not telling the truth. That he's just saying it so I won't beat him up. He wanted to earn my trust so he can do whatever mission he needs to do. He wants to blame someone. It's all made up and he probably memorize it.

But listening to his story, the way his parents died, the way they died as heroes, seeing him pour out all his emotions, showing his weakness, sobbing and mourning, the memories, the memories that cannot be forgotten, I can't. I can't help but pity him but at the same time, I feel guilty. Guilty from what I have done through those years that I bullied him, hated him, hoping to break him. I regret it. I felt his sorrow, his emotions, and...

they were all real.

Looking at him cry, desperately asking me to help him, to save his parents, it hurts. I don't know why I'm feeling this but it feels right. I want him to give me his pain so I can help him.

'Please don't cry. I'm here. It's okay.' I want to tell him so bad but I'm afraid if I voice it out, my hate for him will come back. So instead, I sat in front of him, caress his face and looked at him in the eyes, telling him it's okay.

That I believed in him.

He leaned in to my touch before he cried. He cried like he never been before and bawled like a child. I patiently waited for him to calm down until I felt his body slumped on me. I don't know why but I move my arms around him, fixing his position so I can hold him properly. I waited for a few minutes to make sure he's asleep before I carried him outside and to my car.

I put him in a passenger seat and put on his seat belt before I move the seat so he can lie down and rest. I looked at his exhausted form and swollen eyes. It shows how much he cried.

I drove the car towards our pack. If dad saw him with me, and to make it worst, I'm bringing him to Felix. Guaranteed, Dad will surely get mad. But I made up my mind to believe whatever Raymond said. No matter how much I hated the idea of Dad being involved on that raid, it made sense.

First the letter, he was so mad when I asked him about it. Second, the sudden trip to Netherlands. I didn't know Felix was sent too. And the wolf who told everyone about Raymond's parents, I know my dad well and he would be wise to let that wolf alive so he can get more information but he killed him right away without interrogating him.

I don't want to think dad risked the lives of our pack members and during my mother's birthday on top of that! But if he ends up getting involved, I will make sure he won't get away with it.

I mind linked Felix to asked if Dad is at home but he never responded. So I told him something that will surely make him reply. "Raymond is asleep."

"I swear if you'd hurt him I will slather you and take the throne!"

"Not only you're a delusional fucker but a whining bitch too."

"Fuck you Ryker bring him home. Real fucker is here but I won't let him say anything. Not when I'm here."

Felix adored my Dad when he's little. He used to stay close with dad as much as possible more than mom, earning a gossips from the pack members that he's trying to be good and stick to the Alpha so he can be the next Alpha. But that won't work because even if he has an Alpha blood, I'm the oldest son and a full Alpha.