Chapter 18

Ryker's POV

W-what?

"Feral? What do you mean?" that's impossible! He can't just go feral but then I remembered those who went feral are the ones who experienced worst in life. And Ray has- Fuck! My mind is blank I can't seem to think properly. 

Mrs. Johnson is staring at the ground contemplating as if hesitating to continue further. Why does it feels like everyone knew something I didn't know!

"For goodness sake just tell me!"

She looked at me with helpless look. Something I just realized that was her expression I can't figure out awhile ago but now that my focus is on her, I can see it clearly.

"That raid happened so fast and in just a blink of an eye, his parents died in front of him. He saw how they died and for a kid like him who can't do anything to help, that's... that's terrifying." She paused, swallowing her stress and closed her eyes so tightly.

"He was traumatized! and... and I didn't do anything to help him even though I could! But I made a promise to Lizzy... for Violet.. and I just... Guilt is killing me! a-and I'm so sorry I can't take this anym-" She was about to leave the room but I moved towards her and pinned her on the door.

"What do you mean huh? You didn't do anything to help him even though you could?! What's that? Is that some kind of loyalty I hear? Does my Dad involved hmm? Did he asked you not to help Ray?! And you call yourself a doctor?!! That's bullshit!" 

I bawled at the top of my lungs and hold her chin up while she groaned. I know this is wrong. She's.. I considered her as my real Aunty. But she's talking some bullshit that made me so mad.

"I'm afraid what I can do to you right this moment so tell me, What kind of promise?! Careful of your words, coz' I'm your alpha! so tell me! Tell me!!" I roared loud enough to let someone hear us but of course they wouldn't dare to just barged in here, not when I'm releasing my pheromones. They know better.

She gasped trying to breath, coughing when I let her go. That's when I realized I'm choking her. I didn't feel any guilt by doing it. I honestly wanted to strangled her.

She coughed a few more times before she regained her composure. 

"I didn't think you w-would try to kill me!" she tried to speak out but I don't care.

"You have 10 seconds to tell me. I wouldn't ask twice." I repeat, and curled my hands into fist trying to contain myself.

"I can't tell you. I made a prom-"

This time I didn't tried to stop myself and approached her with intent to kill. I pushed my arm on her neck pulling her up and watched her tears rolled down her face, in pain trying to force her way out of my arms and kicking her legs. She released a gasped and choking sound, tapping my arms. 

I'm not gonna let anyone hurt my Ray anymore!

"Ry.. R-ryker?"

A sobbed whisper called my name and that's enough for me to let her go. She continue to cough trying to catch her breath but I couldn't care less now that my whole attention is on Ray. I turned around and run towards him when he tried to sit up but his smooth arms were not helping.

"Ray!" I hugged him and whisper sweet nothings and promise he's safe, helping him to calm down as his body continue to shake.

"It's okay Ray. You're with me."