Chapter 24-Northern areas

Mid January:

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin"

It has been five days since Sohail died. Ayesha has not been going to school. She is still having a high fever and she is continuously calling Sohail. Salma's heart has got patience at the death of Sohail, but she is deeply worried about Ayesha.
"Ayesha" Salma called her who is lying on the bed.
"Take the medicine dear" Salma says and puts the tablet on her palm. She gulps the tablet and again lies down. Her fever has becomes favourably low at this time.
"Ayesha" Salma lies near her and starts running her fingers in Ayesha's hair.
"Hmm" Ayesha replies.
"My daughter, if you feel better by tomorrow, you will have to go to school" Salma says to her.
Tears comes in Ayesha's eyes.
"I don't want to go" she mutters.
"Ayesha it is the necessity. Your father wants you to get education. He wants you to prosper in life. He is no more with you but you can complete his dreams. You are a good daughter so you should have to fulfill your father's wish" Salma says in a calming tone.
Ayesha thinks about it and then nodded her head. She wants to make her father proud and happy.
Salma smiled at her daughter.
"Mama, I'm still scared of people" she whispers.
Salma know this fact. A girl who has been raped can never lead a normal life. Her innocence, her childhood gets finished. Same thing happens with Ayesha. But, she is still struggling with life. She is a strong person.
"Ayesha, be strong my dear. Nothing will happen to you. Allah is here for your help. He will protect you." Salma assured her. Ayesha nodded her head and whisper good night to her mother.
.............................
Faris is lying on his bed. His eyes and nose is red and he is continuously coughing. He has high fever and sore throat.
Daneen entered into the room with a bowl of soup. Faris's face twisted with disgust at seeing the bowl.
"You are continuously giving me this thing. I'm tired of this" he becomes irritated with such food.
"Haww... Why? " Daneen asks with fake innocence. Faris glared at her.
"Your cooking skills are soo good that a person can die after eating it" he taunt her, just to irritate her. She feels angry at the taunt, but then she decided to irritate him more.
"Is they are such good? Oh my God! What a compliment! Now you have to drink two bowls of it" she says while giving bowl into his hands.
Faris glared at her with boiling head.
"Start eating Faris. You have to take medicine after it" she again says.
Faris gulped his anger and also a sip of soup. His face again twisted with disgust.
"I'm not eating it. What the heck it is?" he really becomes angry.
"Doctor has advised to give you food in liquid form. So, soup is the best option" she replies very calmly.
"Is it the only thing available? " Faris again says.
Now, Daneen is loosing her patience.
"No, your favourite cereal is also an option. If you say, I can also give it to you" She says with great irritation.
Veins bulged in Faris's forehead due to anger. He puts the bowl on side table and completely lie down on bed. Daneen sees his angry face and a smile comes on her face.
"Ok. I'm sorry. Please eat it. From tomorrow, I will give you some solid food " she says in a caring tone. Faris peeps at her and again straighten himself on bed.
Daneen takes the bowl in her hand.
"I will feed you" she says.
Slowly, she starts feeding Faris. Faris eat the souo without any complaint. A beautiful smile comes on Daneen's face. When, she is completely done with feeding, Faris takes her hand into his.
"I have got sure of one thing" he says in a loving way, holding her hand into his.
"Which thing?" she asks with excitement. That gesture is sending goosebumps on her arm.
"Poor quality food remains poor quality whether you eat it with your hands or from your wife's hands. Stupid are those dramas and novels who says that due to eating from wife's hands, food becomes sweet and bla bla" he says in a very thoughful manner.
Daneen glares at him with wide eyes. Whole mood of romance gets finished at his comment.
"You are such a.. " she doesn't complete her sentence and leave the room.
Laughter full of life emerges from Faris's mouth.

At night, Daneen is combing her hair and Faris is seeing her with love. She is completely ignoring him after the soup incident. A smile comes on Faris's face at seeing her angry face.
"I'm sorry Daneen but please remove the anger from your face" he says.
Daneen ignores him and lies down at her side.
"Ahh.. My head" Faris says while peeping toward Daneen. Daneen becomes conscious of his condition and quickly turned toward him.
"What happened? " she asks.
"My head" he again says.
Daneen comes near him and starts massaging her forehead. She is doing this act and Faris is staring at her. Their eyes clashes and a bright smile comes on both's face.
"We can't go to Northern areas in these days" After half an hour, Faris speaks.
"Hmm.. Your condition is not better. But, we will go whenever we can" Daneen says with a smile.
"InshaAllah" Faris says with an assuring smile.