Chapter 3-Painful memories

Mid December

ہمیشہ دیر کر دیتا ہوں میں 

(I always get late) 
.........................

Faris entered the house and saw his wife and cousin sitting and talking to each other. He narrowed his eyes and cleared his throat. They both saw him and stood from the couch. Daneen's face became pale while Dilawar remained unaffected. 

"How are you Faris?" Dilawar asked him with a smile. Faris also forced a smile and replied to him. 

"I have come here to visit both of you. But, I came to know that you are not at home" Dilawar said. 

"Yeah, I have some work to do." he replied while glancing at Daneen, who is standing there nervously.

"Hmm.. After tomorrow's reception, you both are invited at my place for dinner" Indirectly, Dilawar gave them an invitation which Faris accepted.

"Sure! "

Daneen remained silent throughout the conversation. 

"Dilawar! " Faris said, now with serious expression. His voice made Daneen to flinch. 

"Yes? " Dilawar also became surprised at his tone. 

"I will appreciate it if you visit my home when I am at home. And if I am not at home, you leave my house instantly. This will really be a favor of yours on me" Faris said with seriousness. Daneen and Dilawar were both surprised at his words. 

Daneen felt embarrassed at this. It was clear that he didn't like her and Dilawar talking to each other. 

"Don't repeat the story of Ahmad and Daneen in this house"

His words echoed in her mind and it dawned on her why he was saying this. She pressed her lip and a frown came on her face. 

Dilawar saw her and Faris' expressions and he understood the situation. He saw Faris with remorse and sadness. 

"Ok Faris! As you wish" he said. 

"I have work to do, so I should better leave. See you at reception" Dilawar said and left. 

When the door closed, Faris turned toward her. 

"Except for Salma, no one should be there in my home" he said with a growl. She nodded. 

He moved toward the guest room, but stopped. 

"Salma is not coming today. Her daughter has a high fever. So, lunch and dinner is your responsibility. I will be in the backyard" he said sternly. 

"What do you want for lunch? " she asked with hesitation. 

"Make whatever you want. I will eat it" he replied with a sigh and moved toward the backyard. 

              ..............................

It was 11 am but still Hassan was in his bed. He didn't sleep after looking at the message. It feels that his heart was going to burst with grief. Many past moments came in his mind. 

                      Start of May

It was the month of May and the weather was pleasant that day. 

A. S. P Hassan was standing in his uniform on the side of the road. A parliament meeting was taking place in one of the buildings and A. S. P Hassan had come here to ensure the security. After getting satisfied, he left that place and started to take a walk. He was waiting for his friend.