Chapter 1-Rainy Night

The most beautiful in the world was my own funeral.

Mid December

Rain was falling with thunder and wind. The capital city of Pakistan was bathing in this weather. It was the cold night so half of the city was in their bed, while some were on the road, enjoying the weather. At this time, Parado, decorated with red roses, was moving on the main road. In the car, there was a driver on the driving seat, and bride, groom was on the back seats. Bride was looking beautiful in a red dress, with golden headscarf, and curly brown locks present on her shoulder. Though, her eyes were casted downwards, but sometimes, she raised them to watch through the window or to glance at her soulmate. Her soulmate, sitting beside her, was wearing a serious expression and was busy on his mobile. Deep silence was in the car.

Drive was long and Daneen started to become tired. Heavy bridal dress and whole days events was taking a toll on her tired body. She again glanced toward the window and noticed that car was moving toward a middle class area. Not that this area was slum, but it was also not like a high housing society, where she used to live. She noticed the area and again glanced toward her soulmate. His face was not clear due to darkness and due to her peripheral side.
Daneen again casted her eyes downward.
...................................
After a few minutes, Parado stopped in front of a house. The driver gave the horn and a servant opened the main gate. The driver parked the car in the garage. Faris, the groom, came outside and moved toward his soulmate's side. He opened the door and asked her to come out.
"Come out from the car" he said with cold tone and was gazing her coming with his black orbs. From one hand, she was holding her outfit and from other the car's door. She managed to come out of the car but stumbled a little due to her heels and her back hit the car.
"Be careful" Faris said with irritated expressions.
Daneen, the bride, saw toward him who was clad in a black suit and was looking handsome. But, he was cold, distant and a complete stranger for her. She just knew his name before her nikkah, even she first saw him when she sat beside him after their nikkah ceremony.

Dilawar, who was driving the car, came forward and asked Daneen that if she is ok.
"Yes. Thank you" she said in a low voice.
Dilawar gave her a gentle smile and called a maid to help her.

A woman, in her mid twenties, came forward and lifted the tail of Daneen's dress. Faris saw this whole scene with an expressionless face. He entered the house without waiting for them.

The house was small. When you passed the garage and opened the inner door then the lounge came in your view. On one side of the lounge, there was an open kitchen and on the other side of the lounge, there were two doors. One door was the guest room and the other was the drawing room. With the kitchen, there were stairs which were going in an upward direction. The lounge is of medium size with couches in it and a central table. L. C. D was also present on one wall of the lounge.

Maid and Daneen moved toward the couch where Faris was sitting.

"Why are you coming here Salma?" Faris said to the maid in a harsh tone.
"Settle her in our room" He pointed toward Daneen and said.

Daneen's face became red with his harsh tone. She was a strong and bold girl, but the situation and tone of Faris was making her petrified and fearful.

"Sorry sir" Salma said and moved Daneen towards stairs.

In the upper portion, there were two rooms and a lounge. Two rooms were on opposite walls and in between, there was a medium-sized lounge. On one corner of the lounge, there were stairs climbing in an upward direction.

Salma moved Daneen toward one room. That room was decorated with red roses and was filled with fragrance. That room's furniture was also expensive and brand new. On one wall of the room, there was a door of the balcony and on another wall, there was the door of the washroom.