Chapter 11-Dilawar's past

How vainly you say, "I will stand firm".

"If life itself won't stand firm, how will you? "

Mid December 

Voice of thunder and rain falling could be heard in the dark room of Dilawar's Villa, where he was sitting on a chair, near the window. Whole scenario was like a haunted place. And in this scenario, Dilawar was sitting with a picture in his hand, and was staring at it with void expressions . In the picture, a seven year old girl was giving a toothy smile. Dilawar gazed at the picture with hollow and tearful eyes. 

My Zainab! 

His mind started to roam toward the time when her daughter was with him. When her laughter could be heard in the house. When this house was lively due to its residents. But, everything tumbled down with her death. With this thought, his mind roamed toward his and A.S.P's conversation which happened this morning. 

"Mr. Dilawar we want some details about your daughter's murder."

These words of A. S. P pierced his heart. With most difficulty, he composed himself and started telling them about that day's events. 

Zainab was very close to her maid because her mother had no interest in her family or daughter. She remained busy in her social activities, and Zainab remained on servant's mercy. She was close to her father, Dilawar, and her maid, Sania. Sania remained with her the whole day and in the evening, she had to leave for her house which was in Shaheenabad. She was a married woman and had a five year old daughter. 

Dilawar's whole life depended on her daughter. His whole life, love and family was just Zainab. He could do anything for his daughter. 

On that unfortunate day, Dilawar became late due to his meeting. He called his wife and asked her to return home because Sania had to leave for her house and Zainab would be alone. But, she turned deaf ear to his words and remained busy in her activity. Sania waited for sometime but when it started to get late  she decided one thing. She decided that she would take Zainab to her home and when Dilawar would be free, he could pick her from Shaheenabad. Zainab became excited at this thing and quickly became ready to go with Sania. Sania's intentions were not wicked but the worst thing happened in their fate that night. 

Sania messaged Dilawar about this and took Zainab with her. In Shaheenabad, Zaianb started to play with Sania's daughter. Sania became busy in the kitchen while Zainab and her daughter came in the street to play. Sania's husband was coming home when he saw both girls playing.

Majeed, Sania's husband, was drunk at that time. He had a bad reputation and had a criminal mind. He was that type of person who had no sense of good and wrong, who had no realization that daughters are the apple of their parent's eyes, that females also have respect just like men. He just saw the women as a playing thing and inferior to men. So, when he saw Zainab his devilish instincts woke up and he dragged the girl with him. His mindset lead him to abuse and rape the Zainab, the girl who was of her daughter's age. He dragged Zainab in the room and locked the room. Sania started to shout and started knocking on the door. Sky and moon witnessed a horrible sight that night. The girl, who was innocent, who had come to play in a house, who had never seen the evil side of a person: had seen the worst thing of life. 

 That moment was horrible when Sania's call came to him. She was weeping and begging him to come sooner. She told him that Zainab was in trouble. Listening to that, he went to Shaheenabad by rash driving. When he reached Sania's house, Zainab was no more in this world. Majeed, while raping, put pillow on Zaianb's face to stop her cries and yelling. And, she died due to suffocation. When Dilawar entered the house, Majeed had already left the house and Zainab had been dead. Sania and her daughter were standing near Zainab's body and were wailing. And Zainab; his world, his everything; was lying there with wide opened eyes and tear stained face. There was horror and pain in her expressions. Dilawar yelled and wept at that night. He slapped Sania for her carelessness. Her daughter started to weep more on it. She was weeping and yelling at Dilawar to stop beating her mother. But Dilawar became furious enough to listen to anyone at that moment. She slapped Sania multiple times and then again came near his daughter. He closed her eyes and wept bitterly.