China Doll

China's POV

My phone continuously vibrates in my back pocket

My phone continuously vibrates in my back pocket. I can't believe I'm here. My heart wouldn't stop pounding against my chest. I saw my father sitting across from me moving his mouth but I couldn't grasp what he was saying. I only felt the tense energy radiating from my sisters. I watched intently as he slowly stood up and made his way over to us.
His extremely expensive shoes echoed with each step that he took on the perfectly waxed marble floor. He towered over Sierra who sat to my right. My breath caught in my throat as he turned to me.

FLASHBACK

6 years old

"China!" My father screamed my name as if I'd robbed a bank. I ran from the kitchen knowing he didn't like repeating himself.

"Yes daddy?" I asked nervously from the threshold. I didn't know why I was in trouble. My father sat slumped over the grand piano with a bottle of scotch on top as he played. I knew that look in his eye he was drunk and my daddy drunk is someone no one should be around.

"Come play the piano with your daddy." He took another swig of scotch and motioned for me to come.

I slowly proceeded towards him gripping the sides of my blue jeans in the process. He pulled me onto his lap.

"Repeat after me." He played a simple tune on the piano and gestured for me to do the same. I leaned forward and did my best trying to reciprocate the tune but my small fingers caused me to mess up a note receiving a harsh smack on the back of my palms.

"Is that what I did? That's how it sounded to you?" He shouted into my ear. "Again." He deadpanned. I bit my lip trying to hold back my tears because daddy didn't like any tears. I started again receiving an even harsher blow to my hand.

"Ow!" I cried holding my hand and accidentally let out a sob.
"Are those tears China doll? Are you crying?" He whispered into my ear.

"No daddy." I whimpered looking up into his glazed eyeballs.

"Yes I believe those were in fact crocodile tears I witnessed. You know what that means right?" He placed me on the floor.

I grew rigid already knowing what came next.
"There's always time for a good game of hide and seek right?"

"Please daddy I'm sorry. I'll do better I promise." I tried but he didn't listen
"I'll count you hide." He whispered and winked.
"Daddy!"

"One...two" he started counting and I took off running. I only had ten second so I had to hide quickly. I settled for one of the large cabinets in the kitchen. I was only in there for a couple of seconds before I heard slow and steady footsteps.

"China doll" my dad called out in a sing-song voice.
"Oh where oh where is my China doll?" I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Is she in here?" I heard a cabinet open and shut. His footsteps got closer and I put my hand over my mouth trying my best to stay silent.

"How about here? Nope she has a great hiding place this time." I heard the footsteps merely inches from me.

"Then she has to be in here." He opened the cabinet I was in.

"China doll" he smiled devilishly.

PRESENT

"China...your phone please." my father had his hand out standing in front of me. I felt my chest rising and falling but no matter the effort I put in I could not get my limbs to move.

"China doll" his deep voice became thick with manipulation as he slowly bent down so that we were eye level. His face held a continuous smirk. "Don't forget I'm still your father." He smiled and his crows feet pulled his eyes tight across his face.

"Wh-where's the restroom?" I heard a small voice to my left. Lauryn sat with her hands between her thighs and she appeared extremely uncomfortable. My father's gaze never wavered from my own. His movements were always slow and calculated. A quick shiver went down my spine.

"I really need a bathroom." Lauryn tried again this time a bit louder.

My father shook his head as if he was in a trance. "Oh of course." He smiled wide.

"Maria!" He called out to his maid "can you show my sweet daughter to the restroom please?" He stepped back and wiped at his face.

"I'll tag along" Katherine placed her book on a nearby table. "I have a long drive back to the office."

Lauryn quickly got up and stood next to Katherine. I wanted so badly to go with them but my body was disconnected from my mind.

"No problem take your time." He smiled at the trio as they exited the room.

His face immediately fell into a heavy scowl as he turned back towards me. "Give me that fucking phone right now." His voice was thick with a threat.

Sierra turned towards me "China ju-"

"Did. I. give you permission to speak?" He spat at Sierra.

Sierra stared at him
"Something wrong with your eyeballs? Because I can help you with that." He took one step towards Sierra who averted her eyes to the walls behind him.

I hate him.

"I'm not gonna say it again."

I reached into my back pocket to surrender my phone and he grabbed my arm pulling me up to a standing position.

"Tread lightly." He warned as he reached into my back pocket and snatched my phone away. He held me close to his face and I could feel his hot breath on my upper lip.

"Well that was a walk." Katherine said as she re-entered the room with Lauryn in tow

My father pulled me into a tight hug to mask the situation. My hands remained rigid at my sides, careful not to touch him.
"Hug your daddy" he whispered harshly into my ear and squeezed tighter threatening. My hands shook as I hesitantly wrapped my arms around his midsection.

"Awww well look at that!" Katherine gawked at our 'hug' "I knew one of you girls would come around."

I wanted to vomit.

Please Vote and leave comments letting me know your thoughts.