Mind blowing

Lauryn POV

I watched as Sierra's cereal bowl fell to the floor

I watched as Sierra's cereal bowl fell to the floor. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. China let out a nervous chuckle.
"Mom that's not funny" she chuckled again.
Zion held onto his phone so hard that his knuckles turned white. I simply stared at my mom in complete shock.

"I know. I knowww I should've told you guys before it got this far but I didn't want you to worry." My mom took a step forward not knowing what to do with her hands.

"Mommy" China sniffled. "Are you serious?" She hopped down from her stool. My mom bit the inside of her lip and took China into her arms. "Yes baby" she rubbed her back while China sobbed.

"What do you mean!" I heard to my right. Sierra was freaking out. "you said that he would never be in our lives again!" Sierra slowly walked towards my mom. "You promised me that he would NEVER see our faces again."

My mom brought Sierra in for a hug as she held China close. "I know baby. I know." Her voice cracked "this was never supposed to happen." She started. I jumped down from the counter and headed towards the stairs. My mom tried reaching for me but I snatched away from her in a daze. This couldn't be happening. This CAN'T happen. Flashes from my childhood came into my mind as I slammed my door shut.

I can't....I can't...I can't...I won't!

My hands shook as I went into my walk in closet and pulled out two suitcases. Within seconds I had managed to pile in hella miscellaneous clothes and items. I am not staying here. I heard a knock on my door and froze. Is that him? This soon?

"Lauryn?" I heard my mom's voice as she walked into my room. I continued to throw meaningless items into both bags.
" Lauryn honey please." She gently grabbed my hands and I burst into tears.
"Mommy, I can't" I sobbed into her arms. That man had no business having kids.
" I know baby I know" she rubbed my back and I heard my door open. Sierra and China walked into my room.
" looks like LO had the right idea." China mumbled noticing my suitcases and taking a seat on the floor next to our mothers legs. Sierra paced the floor thinking of a master plan as always. She faced my mother.
"When is the visit?" Sierra asked, chewing on her thumbnail.

We all looked at her worried.

"In two days." She said just above a whisper.

"TWO DAYS!" We all yelled in unison.
China took off towards her room and Sierra slumped towards the floor. She had more memories of him than we did but my memory was clear and intact. I hated him. We haven't laid eyes on that man since we were 10,8, and 7 years old. That was 6 whole years ago and I hadn't forgotten a single thing.

"It'll be alright." My mom spoke with false bravado "the visits are supervised." She added trying her best to lighten the mood.

I can't believe this. In two days I'll be face to face with the man that ruined our childhood and plagued my dreams. I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"Nice mom real nice." Sierra mumbled as she made her exit.

The rest of the day was a complete blur.