Todays the day

TWO DAYS LATER

SABRINAS POV

My hands involuntarily shook as I descended the stairs

My hands involuntarily shook as I descended the stairs. I can't breathe. My chest is constricted and my head feels very light. Today was the day. The house seemed unusually quiet seeing as though I have three teenage daughters but I understand. If it weren't for my girls I'd spend all day in bed too.

I've spent months trying to prove to the judge that James was in no way fit to care for the girls in any capacity but the hard truth is I don't have any proof. After years of abuse and torment I swore to myself and my girls that we would never see him again. That we would survive without him and up until now I've kept my promise. These past three months have really taken a toll on me having to see his disgusting face in a courtroom made bile rise in my throat. Yet I stood there in those stands by myself except for my lawyer and fought for my girls. Even when that bastard glared at me from across the room I'd fought. And I'd keep fighting until this judge finally sees it my wa-

I felt arms around me and flinched. "Good morning baby" I said, realizing it was my oldest Sierra. She was the strong one out of the three or at least she tried to be. I ran my fingers through her curls. "Your hair looks so pretty today." I told her toying with the curls that framed her face just so. I loved when she wore her curls out.
"Thanks mom" she spoke dryly and drug her feet to the fridge.
"Listen, I just want you to know that I did everything in my power to prevent th-"
"Mama, you don't think I know that?" Sierra looked up slightly smiling and motioned for me to take a seat next to her.
"I'm so sorry that you guys have to do this" I finally broke down. I'm tired of holding all of this emotion in. Today is the day I have to send my babies to see a monster.
"I did my best" I spoke in between tears wiping the tears that ran down Sierras face. "I really did sweety."

"I know" she whispered.

I sighed "Come to the living room I have to talk to y'all."

"Lauryn...China!" I yelled up the stairs.

Both girls walked incredibly slow as they approached me. I almost laughed but under the circumstances I almost cried again.

China hugged me and Lauryn laid down on the couch. I made a mental note on what each girl was wearing just in case something went wrong. Lauryn has on an oversized grey sweater with blue jeans. China dawned a black oversized under armour t-shirt and black jeans while Sierra chose a black long sleeved sweater dress.

Noted.

I didn't put it past James to simply run off with my children; supervised visits or not.

"Listen I know today will be rough for all of us" I started as I took a seat beside Lauryn and placed her head in my lap. "But I've got people working things out for us."

"Why can't we just not go?" China asked from her seat on the floor.

"Because I'd be breaking the law. The judge ordered this." I answered truthfully.

"I don't care if we on the runnn baby long as I'm next to youuu." China sang On The Run lyrics by Beyoncé and Jayz making us all laugh.

"No seriously mom I don't care what the judge says. We want to stay with you." Sierra bit her bottom lip as she peered at me.

"I know baby we're all in an uncomfortable position right now ." I took a deep breath "but there's something I must say."

They all looked at me with their big doe eyes and I almost sobbed.
"My lawyer contacted me this morning" I trailed off.
"I won't be able to go with you to the visits. The court appointed a state official to supervise."

The room was silent.