To the Moon and Back

Start from the beginning

"You are an Alpha and you have a responsibility to the pack.  You need an heir.  It's time to let Mona go... " he said softly. He looked at his father intently,  what he said irritates him. William sensed his irritation, still he added.

"You have to face the reality, son.  You are alive and don't waste your youth over a dead girl.  I'm sorry.  I am not asking you to forget her though... "

"And what do you mean by that?! " Tristan retorted,  his father's remarks wounding him.

"You can still love her in silence. In the solitude of the night and think of her as you sing your songs to the moon. As I said a million times before  not all love story ends happily. Some ends tragicly like yours and Mona's. It ended even before you two had started.  Believe me,  I am sad with it too.  You know how I liked her for you,  not because she was her mother's daughter but because she was gentle and nice and kind. I can't see a better match for you but her."

William took a deep breath before he continued. "But all love is eternal especially if its true.  When you find your one great love  it never fades.  It will never die.  Tangible or intangible, it remains as a heart-warming memory and a blissful strength that will keep us moving towards the light." William said full of wisdom.

"You cannot force yourself to love anew,  but remember your responsibility to our bloodline. The Jones has been here for centuries and it will not stop in your watch..." He said it in a very fatherly tone but with hints of authority. The Alpha in him is still in full instinct.  He left him alone to ponder on this thought. He sighed deeply. 

"Alpha?  Alpha! Are you listening?" Troy nudged him, they are in his office and yes,  he is spacing out. 
He suddenly went back to his senses as if a bolt of electricity stun him for a moment. 

"What were you saying, Troy?" he said,  placing his hand on his chin,  stroking his non-exsistent beard. Troy rolled his eyes as he repeats his report.

"A group of human beings has been spotted near our northern territory, just past the Northern woods.  It seems that the human government has made the majestic falls a tourist attraction,  that's why humans are flocking there.  Also,  they had started building cabins near the falls as camp for tourists. "

"I don't see problems with that.  Humans are harmless and they dont have an inkling that the nearest town from the falls is filled with werewolves."  he said uninterestingly. "They are not a threat to us."

"But Alpha,  remember that we have a camp up in the Northern Woods that serves as a training ground for our pups!  What if someone stalked too near our bounds and sees us,  shifting from human to our wolf form?  It will be bad news." 

"For humans,  werewolves are unreal and were just myths. If someone will see us,  no one will believe them." He said spinning in his swivel chair like a foolish child.

"We should not overlook them just because  they are harmless, weak human beings.  You see, they can harm us too; they have weapons and gadgets--" Troy said firmly but was cut midsentence.

"And we are enjoying them too.  How many of our pups have become addicted to those mobile games and social media stuffs instead of training?  That must be addressed first." He said turning back to Troy who looks exasperated. 

"Alright.  Alright.  I'll check it out myself.  If it will truly endanger our security,  I'll have more border guards to scare any human that will go astray.  Better? " He said to Troy, trying not to laugh in his sour facial expression.
"Besides,  I'll be needing extra stretching. Cover up for me!" with that he shifted to his wolf form and dashed out of the door,  leaving a dumbstruck Troy behind.