The Celestial Beast

Mona saw blood dripping to the floor. Her own blood mixed with saliva and sweat. She can hear Miranda's evil laughters and Bruce's vicious growling. Her sight, on the other hand, is blurry. She has wounds in varying depths and lashes all over her body. She lay crumpled on the floor, heaving deep breaths. She begged her wolf for help but it was silent. Have Thalia abandoned her? A new kind of helplessness and hatred is brewing in her heart. Hatred for deserving this kind of treatment. Helplessness for not being able to fight back. The Luna will definitely kill her this time, with an unforgiving look on her face, she never thought she'll survive. She thought she will be able to transform when she scratched Miranda awhile ago, but she was wrong. The claws vanished as fast as it came. Her body, deeply wounded and battered has turned numb after receiving too many blows. She ceased feeling the pain after being helpless. At last, Mona just wished to die. May the Moon Goddess take her for she have lost her will to live. She closed her eyes and let darkness embrace her.

It was the dead of the night when all others were asleep. Tristan was still awake, standing on the veranda feeling the chilly night air on his skin. Tomorrow, he will be wed. He thought of Mona and his confused emotions. The kiss they shared in the clearing delighted and brought him a wjole new feeling. Though, he still can't pinpoint the random feeling that rushed to his system. He has an idea what it is but it is too early yet to confirm. It is not fair for both of them. They are still yearning for their supposed-to-be-mates, especially him. The remnants of the broken bond still has influence in them, and recognizing new feelings between them is unjust. He sighed.

"Sleep trouble, eh?" His father, the Alpha speaks behind him. His pipe is smoking, and he is puffing out smoke.
"Or pre-wedding blues?" He felt his father's hand tap his shoulder as he stand beside him, leaning on the railing.

"No, Dad. I'm just thinking." Tristan said silently.

"About what?" William inquires, puffing smoke from his pipe.

"About things... " he shrugs and hold the railing tightly.

"Having second thoughts??" William teased. He grins.

"No. Not that. But yeah. Somehow." he heaved a sigh, he is truly confused. "Maybe I was wrong in rushing into marriage after being rejected. Maybe I should have sort my feelings first before I dragged someone else into my own mess. It's unfair for her..." he answered silently, his words filled with thoughts.

"Maybe it's wrong. Maybe it's just right. But who knows? We really don't actually know anything? All I know is there's nothing wrong when it comes to love, son. If it's love, everything will simply have to fall right into place... " William simply said, blowing smoke from his mouth. Tristan's eyebrow raised. His father laughed cheekily.

"Say Dad, I know I am in no position to ask this, but I still want to ask." he hesitated and chuckled at the same time.

"What is it Son?" The Alpha replied simply, looking up at the bright moon.

"Have you ever loved a woman before? I mean, aside from Mom?" Tristan inquired slowly.

William gripped the railing tightly and cleared his throat before he answered him. "Yes. I did love someone else other than your mother. She was the woman I wanted to spend my life with. We almost got married." He chuckled as he looked directly in his son's eyes and he saw Tristan's bewilderment. Maybe he was not expecting his answer.

"What happened?" Tristan inquired.

"I found my mate. Your Mom." he puffed out a smoke.

"And her?" Tristan curiously asked.

"She found her mate too. And we end up marrying the mate fated for us. And with that we fulfilled the responsibilities to our destined mates..."

"Have you forgotten her. I mean, easily?"