A Letter From Depression

Hi little one,

I can feel you thinking of me. I know that you're stuck at home in isolation because of the virus going around. You're all alone, without anyone checking in on you or wondering how you're doing. They all know about me too, and still not one phone call today to check in.

I know you better than anyone else does, I've been with you this whole time. I can feel you coming back into me. No matter how long its been or how hard you try, my good little girl always comes back to me. I love when you think of me.

Don't you see how much comfort I can give you? you're so used to having me in your life that you hardly know anything else now. That's exactly what I like to hear.

I've got so much power over you, I can drag you back into the dark depths of your soul and make you feel things that you haven't felt in a long time. Do you remember how it felt to cut your skin? Do you remember what it felt like to not get out of bed, to hang out with me all day in numb bliss? How about to not eat for a few days, remember how you used to feel "in control"? That was a gift from me for a job well done.

Let's see how much time we can spend together, little one.

With all my love,

~ Depression

Source - unknown