I don't know how oddly those beautiful brown eyes soothe me whenever I suffer from nightmares. Those eyes pull me out from the dark abyss. When an extreme form of asphyxiation descends over my throat, I glimpse his towering shadow with gleaming dark brown eyes. It approaches me rapidly and snatches me into it's clutches. Yet, somehow I feel a sense of security within its grasp as it carries me to safety.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you serious?"I snap at Riya. She is being unbelievable. "Calm down Addie. It's not a big deal, every girl has to go through this." Riya says trying to mollify my anger. "Not a big deal? How could you say that? Not a big deal huh!" I scoff as I cry. I know I am being unreasonable for getting angry on her, while it is not even her mistake.

"Shhh......please don't cry. I know it's hard for you dear, but please try to understand your parents too..." She says, wiping my tears. "I don't wanna get married. Can't you feel this? This...this engagement....this marriage everything is wrong. I am not getting a good feeling about this marriage....I don't know how to say but, I get creepy vibes from him....I don't...Ah...I just don't feel safe whenever he is around me." I try to explain her waving my hands in the air.

She frowns knitting her eyebrows resting her hands on her hips. "And why do you feel that? Don't you think you are over thinking now? You do know that uncle and aunt won't tie you with such type of person. And you yourself said that they have thoroughly investigated his background. He is a good looking guy. Though not as handsome as certain hottie from New York....." She trails off trying to lighten my mood. "Riya, I am serious here." I chastise. "Just chill out. Everything will be fine. He is a good guy okay. You just don't want to get married, that's why you are trying to find excuses." I gape at her giving her a confounding look. I thought she will understand me.

"I just need some time alone Riya." I speak as I don't know what to say to her anymore. "Okay, but get ready soon. The guests are about to arrive for the engagement party." She sighs, closing the door behind me.

I walk up to the dressing table as I look in the mirror at my crying form. "No one is gonna believe me." I shake my head as I cry more, reminiscing the day this drama started.

"Api....Hurry up...The guests have arrived." I heard Ziya whisper yell at me. "Coming....God you are behaving as if they are coming for my proposal" I groaned. "Ah! at last. Come lets go they are already here." Ziya said as I opened the door. I saw Mom, Dad, Ma and Pa talking to three other people which I was guessing were the guests.

"Assalamualaikum" Me and Ziya greeted in unison. "Walaikumassalam" Came their reply as we took our seats beside our parents. "Mashallah! Your daughters are beautiful. I am impressed with my son's choice." I heard the woman say. Confused, I snapped my head towards my parents.

Dad and Pa give me a 'we will talk to you later' look, as Dad introduced them to us. "Adiva, Ziya, meet Mr.khalid Fayad and Mrs.Bilkis Fayad and he is their son Aman Fayad." We both smile at them and I find the guy smiling creepily at me. I try to hide my annoying look and focus my attention somewhere else.

Later, they all had a chat for sometime before the dinner was served. As we all sat across the dining table having our dinner, I found someone's gaze on me. I looked up while eating and true to my thoughts, I saw the guy checking me out. Trying not to be rude, I gave him a small smile while giving him a quick glance. 'Hmm...He is good looking. I can say that. But why is he staring at me creepily?' I thought while looking back at my plate.

"Adiva, we need to talk to you. Come." Dad motioned me towards their room as soon as the guests took their leave. "Whats going on? What was the lady trying to say? " I bombarded them with questions as soon as we entered their room. "And Dad, that guy was so creepy. He was continuously staring at me as if I was a piece of meat. Didn't you notice? How could you let him stare at me? " I continued my rant. "Calm down young lady, let's sit down first okay? Then we will answer all your questions." Dad said gripping my shoulders making me sit on the bed. I huffed in annoyance as I interluded for their answers. "Adiva dear, you do know that, we will always look for the best for all the three of you." Dad said taking my hand in his as Mom, Ma and Pa took their seats across me. I nodded my head. "Yes dad, we trust you. But, what does that have to do with this?"