Chapter 7: Motivated

"So you mean.. you were there the whole time and you even followed her?!?"

Napahawak ako sa ulo ko pagkatapos magsalita ni Miss Mylene. My head hurts and I feel dizzy because of her shout. And the fact that she's screaming in my head right now just makes it worse.

Still, I managed to nod at her question, slightly guilty of what I did.

"How stupid! Why did you do that? And you even talked to her! Paano kung napahamak ka!?" She exclaimed. "I can't believe this."

She's talking to me through my mind. If I'm not mistaken, this is also the method she used to talk to Mr. Arven in the middle of our class at that time. I guess that's connected to her ability. It's actually helpful, especially in this kind of situation.

Because I know, even though Erin didn't warn me, she sent someone to look after me. Or maybe not definitely an actual person. Perhaps, an animal? It does make sense since her ability is related to that.

So despite how painful it is talking to Miss Mylene through this, I endured it all. I don't want Erin or the other Saros to know that I sought for our teacher's help. Si Astrid ang mapapahamak kapag nagkataon.

"I'm sorry, Miss," that's all I can say out of embarrassment. I know this is problematic for them and even though I don't want to cause trouble, I can't do anything to save my sister with just myself right now because.. I'm still.. too weak. That's why I'm here, still asking for their help.

"Don't be too harsh on her, Mylene. Alam naman natin una pa lang kung ano talagang tunay na sadya ni Erin."

I glanced at Mr. Arven who is just on his pajamas. He immediately rushed into Miss Mylene's office after knowing that I needed help. It's already late and we're still here, talking about what to do to save my sister.

"I know! Kaya nga hindi ako nadala sa padrama drama niya, ‘di ba!?"

My brows furrowed in confusion. Kung hindi naman pala totoo iyong sinabi ni Erin.. Anong tunay na sadya niya kung gano’n?

Tumitig sa ‘kin si Miss Mylene saglit bago ibinaling ang tingin kay Mr. Arven.

They stared at each other for a few minutes. I don't know if they're just firmly staring or they're already talking inside their minds. I have no idea if that's even possible. After a while of silence, Mr. Arven finally faced me and says something.

"You should go back and rest. Kami na ang bahala dito, Avy. Babalitaan ka namin bukas pagkatapos naming mag-usap."

I leisurely shook my head, protesting a bit. It's about my sister! I should have the right to know whatever it is they're planning. I want to at least help!

"But Sir–"

"Go back now, Avy. I promise we'll save your sister. Trust us."

And by that, I nodded. I know I can't change their minds no matter how hard I insist. They really don't want to include me nor let me know what they're planning. I completely understand. For sure, they have reasons why. And Miss Mylene's words through my mind somehow comforted me. She promised. I'll hold on to that.

Hinatid ako ni Mr. Arven pabalik sa dorm namin. He told me one last time to trust them and they will do their best to fulfill their promise before bidding goodbye.

Eli's already sleeping when I came in. Guilt crept into me when I noticed that she's still trembling up to now. I suppose it's because of what she saw earlier.

To ease the guilt and to make it up to her, I slept beside her. That's the only thing I can do as of now. To let her know that I'm here and she's not alone. I can't help but smile when I realized that my hug somehow mitigated her. And with that, I also fell asleep.