"Let's dig in!" Gigi exclaimed before Zayn could say anything. 

The meal itself was delicious, but the tension in the air was thick. Gigi and I kept the conversation flowing, but Harry and Zayn barely said anything and when they did, it wasn't directed at each other. 

"Thank you, Gigi, for the lovely meal," Harry grinned as I rolled my eyes at his pettiness. 

"You're welcome, Harry." Gigi sighed before turning her attention to me, "Lila, would mind helping me clear the table?"

"Oh no, we can't have Lila do that, she's a guest," Zayn said, pushing himself up out of his seat. 

"She doesn't mind babe, right Lila?" I shook my head, "You can stay and chat with Harry!" she smiled as she pushed Zayn back down in his seat and motioned for me to follow her into the house. 

When we got to the kitchen, she dumped the plates into the sink causing them to clatter. 

"Ugghh" she groaned, gripping the edge of the sink, her back still facing me. I stood there a little unsure of what to do. "I'm sorry, Lila," she said, turning to face me. She quickly wiped her face as a stray tear flowed down her cheek. "I just want them to make-up so bad. I don't know Harry as well as I would like to, but I know Harry meant the world to him while they were in the band."

"It's okay, I understand," I said offering a small smile. "I want them to reconcile too. Even if he doesn't want to admit it, I know that Harry misses him too." 

"Zayn was so upset that I invited you guys here today," Gigi chuckled, "but I know that if he doesn't fix things with Harry, he will always wonder what could've been."

"Ohh Harry was pissed at me for accepting the invitation, but I know deep down he feels the same way as Zayn."

"Not to mention, I actually like you! I've wanted to fix the boys' relationship for a while now, but I  never felt comfortable reaching out to Harry directly and although I knew his last girlfriend I really didn't like his last girlfriend," she laughed.

"Well, good to know I'm an upgrade," I grinned at her. 

"Oh, 100%. Also, I know you probably hear this all the time, but you're so naturally pretty," she gushed. I think my life is complete, here I was standing in front of an international supermodel and SHE was telling ME that I was pretty. 

"Thank you," I said, taking some more dishes to the sinking. 

"No, Lila, have you actually considered modeling, you're still pretty young," she continued, I shook my head no. "Well, I'm sure now that you're dating Harry offers will start rolling in soon and if I were you, I would take advantage of them. I saw the pictures that the paps took of you and Harry a few days ago. They look like they belong in a magazine!" 

"Haha okay," I laughed her off. I'm not sure if I would feel right accepting any modeling jobs even if someone were to reach out. I wouldn't want Harry to feel like I was taking advantage of his celebrity status. 

" Well, since you refuse to take advantage of your beauty through modeling, what do you do?" Gigi questioned, turning on the water to wash the dishes. I told her all about my ongoing research projects at the United Nations. Much to my surprise, she was genuinely interested and actually asked me specific questions about the goals of the projects. 

Our conversation was interrupted by the sounds of boisterous laughter coming from the living room. Gigi and I glanced at each other in surprise before tiptoeing down the hall towards the sound of the boys' laughter. As we peered our heads around the corner, we saw Harry and Zayn both of whom had turned beet red from laughter and were holding each other's arms for support. 

We carefully tiptoed back to the kitchen and did a mini celebratory dance. 

"Wow it actually worked," she giggled, "he hasn't laughed that hard in forever!"

Our celebration was cut short by the sound of a piercing cry.

"Oh she must be up from her nap," Gigi said while glancing at the clock. "Come, I want you to meet her!" 

We made our way up their long staircase and into a beautifully decorated yellow-themed nursery. 

"Hi baby, mommy is here now, don't cry, " Gigi cooed reaching down to lift the baby out of the crib. I melted inside as my eyes connected with the most beautiful baby I've ever seen. She has beautiful almond-shaped eyes, just like her mother. Her tear-stained face morphed into a grin as her mom bounced her up and down. 

"There are my beautiful girls," Zayn said as he came into the nursery followed by a smiling Harry. The baby reached for her dad, and soon as she saw him. Gigi gently transferred her to Zayn's arms. Once in Zayn's arms, she snuggled into his chest, it was one of the most adorable things I've ever witnessed. Zayn smiled and walked towards Harry.

"Look, baby! I want you to meet someone, this is your Uncle Harry!" Zayn cooed as the baby stared at Harry with curious eyes. 

"Hi, cutie," Harry gushed, reaching out and tickling her tummy with one of his fingers. She let out a little gurgle and hid her face back in her dad's chest. 

"Do you want to hold her?" Zayn asked. Harry smiled and opened his arms to take her. 

He bounced her up and down in a similar fashion to Gigi. We all smiled as we watched Harry and the baby form an instant connection. Her little hands explored his face and wandered up to his curly hair. It wasn't until she started tugging at his hair, Gigi stepped in and took her back, although Harry didn't mind in the slightest. 

"She is a perfect combination of you and Gigi," Harry beamed, his eyes still transfixed on the little girl. 

"I know, she's amazing!" Zayn sighed. 

"Do you want to hold her Lila?" Gigi asked, already handing me the baby. It had been such a long time since I last held a baby. The feeling was foreign, but she was perfect, she didn't fuss in my arms at all. Her curious hands ventured to the pearl necklace that Harry had given to me and then to my hair. I laughed as I tried to untangle her tiny fingers from my hair.  I looked up to find Harry gazing at us with a twinkle in his eys as I bounced her in my arms. 

~~~

Don't worry, the focus will shift back to Harry and Lila now