V

We decided to make a night out of it so Jon called Alex and Addy called Chris to join us. We were headed to House of YES in Brooklyn. It's always been somewhere I wanted to go but I knew I would definitely be rejected trying to use my fake ID- at least I only have a month left to worry about that. 

 Harry called his driver who picked us up in a classic black SUV with tinted windows. We laughed and caught Harry up on what has been going on in our lives. He told us he has been touring but he is back in NYC for a couple of weeks for a break and to attend the 2020 MET Gala. After the gala, he will be on tour until September. 

The driver pulled the SUV into an alleyway and we all slid out and followed Harry through a side door that another man was holding open for us. 

"Sorry about that guys, unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being able to walk through the front door like everyone else," Harry apologized.

"Yeah because we just love standing in front of clubs waiting to get in," Jon joked as he clung on to Alex's arm for support. 

The man led us to a private area on a balcony overlooking the dancefloor packed with sweaty bodies bumping to the bass of the music. 

"We are definitely going down there," Harry yelled to the group over the noise, "but feel free to leave your stuff up here."

We made our way down the stairs and I beelined for the bar. I don't drink often but, when I do, I drink to get drunk and to stay drunk. I motioned to the bartender and ordered a tequila lemonade. I turned around to find Harry standing behind me and we made our way to our group of friends on the dance floor.

I chugged my drink through the straw in hopes of numbing my awareness to the point where I don't feel like Harry and I are the fifth and sixth wheel in this night out. Suddenly, my drink was ripped away from me and Harry downed the rest in one gulp. 

"You really didn't need that," he said as his usual smile was replaced with a slight frown. I rolled my eyes and continued to dance as began to hit. Act Up by City Girls blared on the speakers and I stood up straight and began to recite the lyrics without skipping a beat.

"Period," We all screamed at the top of our lungs. Suddenly, Alex whipped out his white cane and used it a pole to support himself as he dropped to the floor twerking. When the song ended Harry and I decided to head up to the balcony to give the couples some much-needed space. 

"So that's what love looks like," Harry joked

"Nope, that's lust... you should know that," I teased. 

I went over the small table where the club had left Harry a few bottles of Ciroc and poured myself a glass. "So is it always like this?" he asked

"Like what?" I said, cringing as I felt the burn from the alcohol hit my chest. 

"Lila, I think that's enough," he said giving the bottle to a security guard who I didn't even realize was standing in the corner. "When you, Jon, and Addy hang out, I assume Alex and Chris are there." 

I nodded. "So are you always getting drunk to fill your void of loneliness?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, I don't have a problem. I don't even drink that much," I argued.

"Okay well, that's not what it looks like."

"Well, okay, tonight I may or may not be drinking a little more than I usually do," I mumbled.

"Why?" 

"Ok so maybe I am a little lonely, but you're also here so it's not that bad." 

"We could be just as happy as they are right now..." Harry said motioning to Addy and Chris dancing and Jon laughing at something Alex had just whispered to him.