Paused

"Who the fuck is Zayn?"

Now isn't that a million dollar question.

A question, after all these years even I am yet to figure out. The man has played so many roles in my life, I don't even know what to feel about him anymore. Well, to truly understand who was Zayn we would have to go back all the way to when I was five.

Me and my 7 year old brother has just entered the orphanage on shaky feet and tear filled eyes when we first ran into the then 10 year old nightmare. To this day I still don't know if he was our worst bully who regularly beat us up to steal the minuscule amount of money we got every week. Or perhaps he was our only true savior cause he made sure no one, and by that I mean absolutely no one, including our ward, said even a rude word, let alone push us around.

He was the first one to help us get an apartment when we finally got to leave that darn place, but then he also broke nearly 6 of my brother's bones cause he didn't pay back the loan on time.

He was the one that paid all my medical bills when I was sick. But he was also the one who sent that numb nut I call brother to the hospital more number of times than I can count.

To be fair he had never really lifted a finger against me, even going as far as paying for multiple semesters of my college, but then he was also the creep who liked to buy my old underwear. Let us forget for two seconds that the person selling them was obviously my own flesh and blood. At some point when we don't have nearly so much on our minds we might get around to discussing just how messed up that was.

But most importantly how can we forget that loans to him were the main reason I had met Kong in the first place. Turns out he would also be the reason I needed to break off the contract.

Now I'm not a complete moron. Even I can tell that Zayn was probably in love with me. Well, love may be a bit strong. Let's call it an obsession.

An obsession that he has dwelled on far too long keeping an inordinately tight clutch around my idiotic brother. How else does a man who hasn't worked a day in his short immature life afford to be drowning in tattoos and drive sports cars I haven't even heard of before? But as long as my brother kept falling for those shiny toys Zayn kept flashing in front of him, I highly doubt either of us would ever truly get out from the intricate web he has weaved to trap us all. And as if his daily crazy wasn't enough to freak out any normally sane person already, I'm not even sure how volatile the man will get the day he discovers I was rather voluntarily jumping in bed with someone else. And hopefully planned to do that for quite a while more.

So now that you finally have a hint as to my sordid history with the lunatic named Zayn, I have two rather pressing matters that need to be dealt with and that to pronto.

First was the obvious and probably the more urgent issue of trying to once again not let my brother get beaten to a pulp, but somehow no matter how much I try to keep him out of trouble, my success rate seems to be quite low. Perhaps it is time to try and find a more permanent solution to this mess.

Which leads us directly to my second problem, that in all frankness I have been spending way too much time obsessing over. Naturally, you get no points in guessing it obviously revolved around Kong. More specifically my major dilemma involving how much of this to tell him. Where would I even begin? And more importantly, how would all of it end.

Honestly, if I had any confidence in our barely there contractual relationship at all, I would have probably poured out all my woes to him with bawling eyes. But I don't even know if he has truly forgiven me for lying to him in the first place. After all it wasn't that long ago since we even started the contract. And in our brief time together he had already gone through two iterations of ignoring me for weeks. God only knows how he will react when he finds out my life is all entangled with a literal gangster.