Spanked

"Did he book me yet?"

"In the one hour since you called me last, let me ask him really quick, ummm....NO!"

"Shhhh...why are you yelling?"

I quickly looked around to make sure no one was in my earshot before I cupped the mouthpiece of my phone and whispered back to Kite on the other end of the line.

"Arthit, I am drowning in work and you calling every fifteen minutes is not helping."

"But it's been a week already? Why hasn't he asked for me?"

"I don't know dude. Maybe he isn't horny enough."

"But how come he asked for me every day for weeks and then the day I am ready he takes a vow of celibacy. Wait, he hasn't booked anyone else has he?"

"Why do you sound like a possessive lover? Arthit please tell me you remember what role you are playing?"

"I am not behaving like a lover, possessive or otherwise..."

I wasn't. I swear. It wasn't like that at all. It wasn't.

"...I just need a fuckton of money. And fast. And if he books someone else it means he isn't booking me. Which means I'm badly screwed. That's all there is to it."

"Are you sure?"

"Ofcourse I am sure. I already told you this is the last time I am going to do this. Once I get the money I don't care if he sleeps with an army of men. Hell, he can even do them all at once for all I care. I just need him to help me out of this pickle once more."

The voice on the phone went silent for a few minutes. I could even hear his pensive breathing.

"Fine. I will let you know as soon as he mentions anything to me. But Arthit...just...don't get carried away ok?"

"Of course I won't."

I tried my best to reassure him before hanging up and making my way towards my desk again.

Why the hell was Kite behaving so weirdly anyway? After all, wasn't this whole thing his idea from the very beginning.

But even more confusing was Kong. For weeks now he had randomly been dropping by my cubicle, relentlessly asking Kite if I was available, eye fucking me literally every chance he got. But the moment I was back in the game he had gone like stone silent.

What the fuck, right?

He still came by the company every day but then proceeded right ahead to ignore me for all the 30 minutes he stuck around. I don't even think he has spared a look in my direction all week.

Was Kite right about him moving on? It might seem a little abrupt but to be honest, why would Kong hang around for me anyway. Perhaps the novelty of seeing his secret escort as one of his employees had finally faded away and he was back to being his good old ruthless businessman self.

As soon as that thought crossed my mind I felt a cold sweat break out. A sense of panic rising within my chest. Mostly cause suddenly I needed to figure out an alternative way to get my hands on so much money. Yeah, that was the reason. Totally just that. The money. Ofcourse the money. What else would it be right?

Ok, maybe a tiny bit about never being able to sleep with him again. Only a tini-tiny bit. Mostly the money though.

Staring at my phone all evening like a desperate loser who had been hard friend zoned after one date, I willed it to ring, when finally my guardian angel decided to look down at me and smirk in mischief.