Chapter 14 - Olivia

Start from the beginning

He nods wordlessly, still looking around with starstruck eyes. I have to grab him by the hand and lead him away. We pass the living room and obnoxiously large spiral staircase and toward the back where the guest room is. It looks like Mom and Dad hired caterers because uniformed staff are setting up the table and bustling in and out of the place. I spot the top of Dad's head where the doors to the porch are and head for him, Beck close behind me.

Like he can sense me, Dad turns around before I can reach him. He breaks out into a grin when he sees me and stretches his arms out. "Sweet pea!"

"Hi Daddy," I jump on my heels so I can reach him and he laughs, meeting me halfway and bending down to pick me up. I wrap my arms around his neck in a tight hug and squeeze. "I missed you."

"I missed you more, baby," He kisses my forehead and sets me down, cupping my face. "How's my girl?"

"Good," I tell him honestly. "School is really great. This is Beck, by the way."

"Beck," Dad greets him formally and extends his hand. "I've heard about you."

Beck is at a total loss for words. He gapes at Dad until I nudge him hard enough that he snaps out of it. He shakes Dad's hand with freaking stars in his eyes. "Hi, Mr. West. It's...wow, it's really you. It's crazy that I'm meeting you."

Dad's brows go up in amusement and he tosses me a glance. Just as quick his game face is on and he stares at Beck seriously. "I expect you're being good to my daughter? She's my baby, kid. Don't give me a reason to break you."

"Dad," I roll my eyes. "Be nice."

"Answer the question," He tells Beck, completely ignoring me.

"Yes, sir," Beck clears his throat and stands a little taller. He's honestly the same height as Dad, maybe even half an inch taller, but Dad has this way of making other guys seem puny in comparison. I swear he's a softy underneath all that. "If anything it's your daughter that's good to me. She keeps me in check."

It was the right thing to say. The hardness on Dad's face gives way to a grin and he claps Beck on the shoulder. "Good to hear it. Now tell me something embarrassing she did so that I can use it against her in the future."

Beck looks over at me wide wide eyes and I sigh. "What did I say? He's a man-child."

"You're so rude to me," Dad says seriously and I bite my cheek to stop my laughter. "I'm putting you up for adoption."

"Shut up," I laugh and shove his shoulder. "Where's Mom?"

"Backyard, I think."

"Come on," I tug on Beck's sleeve to lead him away. "Dad is overwhelming. You should catch a break from him while you can."

Dad takes a sip of his beer, completely unfazed. "Could you be any more jealous of me right now?"

I shake my head at him when he tosses me a wink and goes back to speaking to one of the caterers. As Beck and I head for the backyard, he grins over at me.

"Your dad is cool as fuck."

"Isn't he? Mom's the same. You'll see."

I spot her at that moment and wave her over. She abandons her lounge chair and heads for us with a huge grin on her face.

"I mean this in the most respectful way possible," Beck starts under his breath. "But your mom is outrageously hot."

"Where do you think I get it from?" I wave him off. I open my arms up to Mom when she's close enough. "Mamá!"

"Hi baby," She coos and engulfs me in a warm hug. She squeezes me so tight I almost lose my breath for a second. When she lets me go to hug Beck he's definitely on the same boat, visibly fighting for air and watching me with panicked eyes over her shoulder. "You must be Beck."