Think of her.

Her image filled my brain, standing tall and beautiful on the podium, wearing a white dress. Her luscious hair swept away in a bun, giving the onlooker a perfect view of her flawless face. In a world full of chaos, she brought stability.

My trembling hand gently released the grip on my hair as the pain slowly faded away.

"Now get out, or do you actually want me to give you that beating?"

Instead of answering back, he was clever enough to scurry out of my room, but right before the door closed, I heard him shout, "Go get her, Tinky Winky."

I think I'll be needing a new Beta pretty soon.

----

"Morning Alpha Ethan, I'm Andrew, the chief border patrol guard, how may I help you today?"

I noticed his gaze linger at my sweater, at my choice of color precisely. Ever since Vivian left, I stopped wearing colored clothes altogether. It was a rare sight to see me in any light or bright color, it was always black or grey or some other dark color.

I had seen Andrew before with Alejandro when we were searching for Vivian but the first time I talked to him was when he came to my territory to collect Zack's body. At that point, he was only a Northern patrol guard but his well-toned physique definitely boasted about his strength and experience as a fighter. It could fire the envy of many a younger man.

It was a smart choice to promote him to the chief position, I thought to myself.

"Andrew, I request permission to enter the North pack."

I kept my answer short. At this moment, words were failing me. I could feel my heart begin to race, ready to burst out from anxiousness.

Any minute now.

My fate will be decided any minute now.

"Please wait while I confirm from Alpha Vivian." His eyes hazed which meant he was mind-linking.

An automatic smile graced my face when I heard the word Alpha alongside her name. If my wolf was here, he would have been beaming with joy and pride. Who would've thought, huh? Our mate; an Alpha.

And our pup...

"Alpha's on her way." Andrew spoke after what felt like centuries.

My brows furrowed.

On her way?

She was just supposed to answer with a yes or no.

I gave Andrew a firm nod and began to pace back and forth. With every passing second, my worries and tensions increased tenfold. Would she reject me? Will I lose her?

Will I lose myself?

Before I could ponder on those questions and fall prey to the curse of overthinking, a shift in the air alerted me of a presence. I sensed her before I saw her. Her sweet scent gently embraced my human senses, cocooning me in her warmth, her comfort.

The second I laid my eyes on her, my legs almost gave away. My heart danced around my chest with every step she took. The sun stroked her beautiful face as she walked towards me. Her hair like the wind; wild and free.

It felt as if an angel had descended from the sky and was walking towards me while Claire de Lune was playing in the background. I was completely and utterly awestruck.

Here I was, drowning in darkness, and there she was, glowing brighter than the Sun ever could. Her glaring, and blinding beams of illumination brightening my cold, lonely world.