Returned in his room, Minho immediately locked the door, like someone could come in every moment and saw him being a mess. His hands trembled in anger as he grabbed his jacket that was still on the floor, looking for the syringe he had prepared. Suddenly, he felt dumb for being worried. He felt so dumb thinking Kibum could need it... so dumb.

"Fuck," he screamed, throwing the medicament against the wall. Then, his eyes wandered to the vase on the nightstand, and he smashed it. The sound of glass breaking was so satisfying. It shut up his mind, and before he knew it, he was laying on the floor breathlessly. The room was no longer recognizable. Minho spotted the only thing that was left undestroyed. Immediately, Kibum's smiling face appeared on his mind.

"What's that?" Minho asked, staring at the weird ceramic figure the younger was holding.

"I saw this bear and I thought it looked like you, so here," Kibum beamed like a child, placing that strange thing in Minho's hand, "it's for you."

"How does this," Minho pointed at the figure and then at himself, "look like me?"

"It's grumpy and cute," Kibum replied like it was obvious, "just like you".

"I'm neither grumpy nor cute," Minho protested.

"So you don't want it?" Kibum pouted.

"Give it back, if you don't want it," the younger raised his voice, reaching for the ceramic bear.

"Hey, you gave it to me. It's mine." Minho teased, waving it in the air, knowing Kibum couldn't reach it.

"But you hate it," Kibum jumped up, "give it back."

Minho remembered the way Kibum pulled him down to reach for the childish toy. He remembered how much fun he had, teasing the younger. The memories made him put down the ceramic figure. It was grumpy and cute. He didn't want to break it.

--- >> << ---

Minho couldn't remember the last time he had slept as bad as yesterday. His phone's vibration, which woke him up, was a relief.

"Why didn't you pick up, brat?" The person on the phone screamed, and Minho felt like his head was about to explode.

"Father," Minho responded.

"Have you seen the news?" The old man asked.

"No, I was sleeping."

"Turn on your fucking TV," demanded his father, and Minho searched for the remote in the middle of the mess he had created last night.

"Oh shit, I see it," Minho replied, trying to sound as calm as he could.

"Kim Taekso, the leader of the Black Lotus, one of Korea's largest criminal syndicate, is dead. He was attacked in his cell and was immediately brought to this hospital. 30 minutes ago, the police confirmed his death." The reporter announced while standing in front of a hospital.

"Come home now. We need to talk about this." His father stated, and Minho had no other choice than do as the old man said. Nothing good had ever happened when he "came home".

--- >> << ---

Minho let his body fall on the couch as he was finally home, not his father's house but his home. He rested his arm on his head and groaned in pain when he raised it. He didn't need to look under his shirt; still, he knew his chest and his belly were covered in bruises. His father was skilled at "disciplining", as he called it, without leaving visible marks.

"We'll hand him over to the Black Lotus," his father stated.

"What? We can't do that. They'll kill him." Minho protested. Kibum's, the real Kibum's, uncle had taken over the gang, and Kibum was the last threat to him. Once the son of the former leader was dead, that shit of an uncle wouldn't need to worry anymore.