Minho leaned back in his seat, thinking of the conversation he just had. He realized he didn't know anything about his employees. Lost in his thoughts, he stared into space until his eyes wandered to the packet on his desk. The moment he opened it; a yellow sticky note fell off.

"Are you sure the person in your house is the real Kim Kibum?" That was written on the note, and Minho knitted his brow. What was this supposed to mean? Kibum wasn't Kibum? What kind of bad joke was this?

Not wasting a second, Minho opened the folder. It was the medical report of Kim Kibum. Kibum was allergic to curcuma? The younger had never mentioned that. Even if this were true, why would it matter? And who would send him this? Together with that suspicious note?

So, Kibum was allergic to curcuma. What was the deal with all the fuss? Minho could have ignored everything. He could. He should. But he didn't. It was too difficult for someone like him to trust. But it was too easy for someone like him to have the report fact-checked, and that was his curse. It was also his curse that the report was real.

--- >> << ---

"Stop," Minho demanded when they passed by a patisserie. Immediately, the car stopped, right in front of the cake shop. The driver waited, but Minho didn't move. After a while, the boss sighed.

"Let's go," he said. Nodded, the driver did as he was told. Yet, they had barely reached the next traffic light as Minho changed his mind.

"No, turn back."

At least, this time he made it to enter the shop without hesitation. Yet, after he found out the shop didn't have curcuma cake, he couldn't help but think it was fate. The universe was telling him something, and he should listen to it. He should have trusted Kibum. He had left the shop, and he was almost home. At some points, Minho wished he hadn't come back a second time and hadn't paid the shop to make those damned cupcakes.

As Minho saw Kibum in the garden, under the sunlight, something uneasy had grown in him. The way Kibum turned his head to him. The way the younger smiled at him as soon as their eyes meet. The warmth Minho felt as Kibum wrapped his arms around his waist. The way Kibum buried his head into his back, the way Kibum whispered those three words and the way Kibum's lips fitted his perfectly, everything could have been so easy if Kibum were just his. If they both weren't born into this world if they weren't the heir of their father's empires, could they just be happy in love? Suddenly, Minho was scared by his own mind. When did he become like this?

The gang leader knew he couldn't live in this dream. It was not for him to put his feelings first. But... whatever the result would be, whatever the truth was and whoever this person was, Minho wanted a bit more of those memories with him.

"Let's eat the cupcakes tomorrow. I need a shower right now and you should join me," Minho decided.

Like he knew it would be his last time holding Kibum, Minho tried to remember the feeling of Kibum's skin against his. The more he loved every single moment of their time together, the more he was angry that Kibum hadn't listened.

"Didn't I tell you to eat them tomorrow?" Minho shouted, slapping the rest of the cupcake out of Kibum's hand.

"Why couldn't you listen to me for once?" The boss hissed. They could have a little more time, just a little more before everything shattered.

"Minho, please, open the door," Kibum begged. Of all the things he had done in his broken life, nothing was as hard as this moment. Something was building in his chest, boiling in his veins, as if two persons were fighting in his body. One wanted to open that door, pulled the younger in his arms, and never let go. One wanted to beat the shit out of that liar. Minho was frightened, no matter who would win. Backed up from that door, he needed to get away from "Kibum", or whatever his name was.