Chapter 42: Mr Kim

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒
Mr Kim
┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"Noo-" Ari, do you even know where the kitchen is?"

"Yes. I do." Ari sternly replies as Jungkook and her travel around the ball in the hunt for the kitchen.

"Are you sure? We literally just walked past the same kissing couple about four times now," the man nervously chuckles as he follows Ari.

"Listen kid-" At the same time she walks, she spins her head to look at the taller boy to start a lecture but gets interrupted when Jungkook pulls her arm, her head ending up hitting his firm chest.

"Owh," She pouts as she removes herself away from him and brushes her head when she turns back to look at the wall that she was about to recklessly walk into. She guiltily hides eye contact from the smirking boy.

"Who's the kid now?"

"Ah, the kitchen!" Ari points in victory, jumping at the same time.

"Mr Kim," She hears Jungkook.

"Mr Kim?" Ari twists her body around immediately, expecting Taehyung's dad, but to her surprise, it's a completely different man in front of her.

"Oh hi! Hold on, I don't know your name," The tall good-looking man twinkles charmingly while hinting his hidden dimples.

"It's Jungkook," The boy proudly introduces himself.

"Ah, Jungkook! It's been a while and call me Namjoon" he grins as both men do a handshake, forgetting the presence of a blank Ari in between.

"So, how are you here?" Jungkook questions like the cute curious little boy he is.

"I was about to ask you the same thing, I work in the same company as the owner of this place."

Both Ari and Jungkook's jaw drop close to the ground at Namjoon's response.

"Wait, if you're here, I don't suppose Dr Y/n is here too right??" the attractive man asks with a sense of hope in his eyes.

"Oh, and what happened with her and her boyfriend? Are they okay now? They did confess, right? They're official now, right?" Namjoon spills questions like water at Jungkook, who's in need of desperate help now.

"Erm," This is what voluntarily comes out of Ari's mouth as her and Jungkook both gulp while passing a hesitant look at each other.

Namjoon gawks at the two with a patient smile before Jungkook,
"You see," The boy sneakily peers their surroundings before clutching onto Namjoon's wrist and pulling him inside the kitchen!

*

"Hey, since everyone is here let's start!" Rose's eyes glimmer at her boyfriend.

Yoongi's eyes soften as he witnesses this before nodding with a light smile.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Huh?" She proceeds to talk as she grips onto the mic, however, seeing as it's not working, she gets puzzled. "Hey it's not working," She implies while hitting the bottom of the mic and switching it on and off.

"Let's see," Rose hands the mic to Yoongi and he gets equally confused as to why it's not working. He spends more than ten seconds trying to somehow get it to work but not being successful he suggests, "I'll give it to that kid, he knows about these stuff."

Rose is clueless as to what Yoongi refers to as 'kid' but nods anyway when he walks off to find Jungkook.

*