X [Edited]

Smok couldn't hear the screech that Winnie had released. He leapt on top of Sonny, fangs bared in pure hatred for the man hunting down his mistress. The man was struggling against the one ton beast, but his panicked wriggling was futile.

Red clouded his vision as his piercing fangs punctured Sonny's neck, blood flowing freely as two blood vessels were obliterated. Smok kept his knives there in the throat of the horrid man before ripping off what was left of the marred flesh and his head and swallowing the bloodied section of the no longer living man whole.

Smok's chest rumbled with what seemed like an amused chuckle. His lips spread into a disturbing grin filled with blood and gore. He was elated to have saved his friend from a dire situation. He then trotted over to where shadow of the tarp she slept on was next to him and let off another unsettling chuckle.

"What was that," the girl questioned aloud as a bellow flew through the woods.

Shivers danced down her shoulder blades in double time as another bellow drowned out the flitter of birds' wings as they flew off in fear. She started walking towards an estimated guess of where the howl came from.

Leaves and twigs crunched under her feet as she made her way through the woods to the beast. Her short, violet hair didn't blend with the deep brown and orange hues of the trees and leaves. Winter was descending with a mighty staff in hand, whacking every damn tree he could to blow the cover of the adventurers and their pursuers.

She panted as she ran, her lungs not quite used to the exertion due to her usually hiding in trees. Her skin, plagued with vitiligo, a skin disease that caused cells to lack pigment, meaning, her skin looked like marble. A deep, dark oak brown spiraled around her arms with a pale tint bringing her skin to life.

She honestly look like a living tree.

With purple hair.

She sighed softly, exhaling her hot breath into steamed puffs of fog in the cold air. She rubbed her arms with her dainty hand carefully, her numb fingers with chewed fingernails doing nothing to give her warmth.

Her pace kept steady, unlike her attention that was wondering around like a rabbit- hopping from subject to subject with absolutely no meaning. From evasive WARP tactics to new ideas for hair dye, her mind was an endless pool of pointless ideas. Although, after a while, she resorted to counting her steps as a form of entertainment.

After her six thousandth, one hundredth and twenty-third step, she reached a corroded warehouse. Its tin roof was a variety of deep reds and oranges due to acidic rain that fell and slithered through the grooves of the tin pieces, eating away the outer layers like vultures on carrion. Colossal, shattered windows adorned the sides of the decaying structure.

"I must be nearing a camp," the anonymous girl muttered. She was speaking of small WARP camps that dotted the landscape every fifty miles or so. The female was obviously not appeased with the idea of WARPS being in her approximate perimeter.

A low growl jolted her from her frustrated and irritated thoughts.

No more than ten feet in front of her stood a ginormous Dryuk with a girl atop him and two more girls flanking him.

Fear slowly poured over and chilled her veins, turning her blood to icy fractures but she refused to show the ferocious party any sign of the fear. This wasn't the time to let her façade crumble, especially in front of potentially dangerous opponents.

"Am I the only one who has noticed tree girl? Other than Smok, of course," the brunette girl to the left of the violet haired female.

'Tree girl,' she thought. 'That's nice. Not.'

The minuscule white haired piped up, "A-Anna... That's rude... Although her complexion is quite queer, she probably has.... Vitiligo? Am I correct?"

She nodded in response. 'Anna... As in Anna Jiro? Since when is she near here....'

"Kammi. Since when does anyone say queer? Other than those WARP shits that use it as an insult," Anna asked the shorty- the one apparently named Kammi.

"Since never but you don't have to be like that. Anyway, she's of no threat to us anyway. She's as tall as I am at least, she has no WARP uniform, and she's out on her own unlike the WARPS nowadays. Too afraid that someone like us would kill them. Especially since we're the last humans."

"How do you know for sure that I'm not a WARP? Or wearing stilts? Or even just out here to scavenge and raid anyone I find," the girl finally spoke unlike the girl with black hair on top of the Dryuk, Smok.

"Smok hasn't attacked yet either. She's good. At least, I would hope she is. Don't need anymore insides outside of a body in case vultures smell the carrion," The girl with black hair stated simply, a warning smirk crossing her face.

"Well, since I already know most of your names, who are you?"

"I'm Winnie. Winnie Okan. The others are Anna Jiro and Kammi Kinsly. You are?"

'A murderer, a huntress, and a runaway girl... How... Quaint. Abnormal, but it's cute they joined up together considering Kammi is weak, Winnie enjoys solitude, and Anna is a cold-hearted murderer.'

"Well, I'm Astra Tavros. Your average refugee human full of snide and sarcastic comments," Astra said, smiling slyly.

"Well then, Astra, would you like some food? I'm sure if you've traveled a long way, you must be hungry." The words spoken from Waru were slightly venomous and full of sarcasm but Astra paid no mind to the annoyance.

"Of course! I would love to," she responded politely, sarcasm dripping from her voice slowly and painfully.

'Looks like a sarcasm battle,' Astra thought.

"Off we go, then," Winnie said, a little too cheerfully.

She lead the group of four females and a large pet into the deteriorating building with a smirk stuck to her face like glue, an obvious plan about to hatch and send out a swarm of unplanned mischief.