IX [Edited]

Smok prowled in the darkness surrounding the area; ready to assault and kill whoever exited that building. He let out a low growl in warning as he approached his home.

He was ready to repay Winnie and rescue her the same way she rescued him that fateful day a few years ago.

A flashback then took over Winnie.

'Twas a dark and stormy midsummer's eve. Thunder radiated from the menacing clouds above while lighting scattered 'round the empty WARP base Winnie was hiding at.

She wore a black, skin-tight, leather and spandex body suit with a helmet to shield her face. The outfit was stolen from an elusive, female WARP that had been sent out to find Winnie. A grave mistake, that was because the unnamed and unknown girl wasn't trained in combat as well as Winnie had been. Only took a moment to get behind the Warpess and jerk her neck to a right angle to break it.

The girl was a fool.

She was a fool to think that she- a lonely, five and a half foot, seventeen year old girl- could take on Waru- a six foot nine, nineteen year old assassin.

She was a fool to think that taking an assassin would be easy.

She was a fool to think that she would live with only a few scratches.

A heart-stopping cracking and thump echoed through the former city of Atlanta with streets that used to be bustling with people running, shouting, 'round every corner. She was in one of the smaller garages of the Georgia Tech campus. It was, supposedly, a university in the state of Georgia. A states was a large, well, largish, chunk of land with its own centered government and smaller governments in these things called counties. Counties basically contained some cities and disciplined them whenever something when awry.

The campus was eerily beautiful. Vines coated the walls like a second skin; the colours were less vibrant and gave off an ancient feel- even though they were actually quite aged- over three thousand years old. Some of the buildings had caved in, leaving bricks and building innards scattered around. Most of the building stayed in contact, though. There was no such thing as 'severe weather' anymore. The climate was controlled due to the lack of pollution and people. If it weren't for the plague, Galnan, the world would be a beautiful place with no sickness or war but, like hell the war would end and the plague magically cease to exist.

Loud voices rattled the tin roof that Winnie had placed as her door.

"Come on, guys! Just a little bit further and then we can rest," a determined and sweet voice cut through the nature's music.

"Croatia. Give it up. These little shitheads just want to die." The girl who said that was obviously a bit irritated with the rest of her group.

"Selene, please, just cool down... We're all tired from walking all day but your whining doesn't help." This time, a male spoke up.

"Bitch! Shut up. You just was to find someplace to cuddle up to Terra. Go complain about me to someone else, Bernard," the girl called Selene coolly retorted.

"I do not! I wouldn't touch something like that." A shocked gasp echoed through the group along with a few sniffles.

"Bernard! Leave me alone! I haven't done anything to you!" Winnie assumed it was the Terra girl.

"Shut up! I'm tired of all of your bitching! Lets get inside before I kick someone's ass," Croatia spoke up with harshness flooding her voice.

It appeared that the group agreed and started towards Winnie's hiding spot and temporal home. Her breaths quickened as she tried to look for some place to hide. Her senses said that hiding would be futile, so instead she drew her knives and pointed them towards her door where the party would be entering.

"Our plan to take down Monroe won't fail," a new male murmured.

'Monroe.... If that's what they're thinking about, then that means that they're rebels. Great! Maybe I can help with their rebellion....' Winnie thought, her mind drifting off to the cruel overlord.

A loud clang ricocheted through the room as her tin shingle door was knocked from where it was and a tall, brunette, curly haired teen peered into the room and screamed at the sight of the knives. "WARP!"

"Holy shit," Winnie shrieked and threw down her knives. "Calm down! I'm not a WARP! Stole the bitch's clothes 'cause Monroe sent her after me!" Several pistols, rarely found nowadays, were pointed at her chest, more specifically her heart.

"I swear," she said calmly, raising her hands above her head. "If you've heard about that girl going around murdering the damn WARPS, it's me." The persuasion attempt succeeded in the looks a ginger haired girl and a brunette girl gave her.

"She isn't lying. I could tell," the brunette girl said.

"I'm with Garnette. If she says she's not, then she's not." The ginger bobbed her head, flashing a worried smile to Winnie.

"Same here," the Selene girl said. She had long, wavy, blood red hair that was obviously dyed. "I trust her."

"Well I ain't agreeing with you, Selene. How do you know she's not lying," Bernard asked her accusingly.

"Shut up!" Croatia could be loud if necessary. Her curly, golden locks and innocent face could deceive even the most analytical of WARPS. "Selene is our most trusted fighter and the vice captain of the group. Like hell she would give us up." A satisfied smirk formed on Selene's face.

"Fine then. I'm going off to find somewhere else to stay. You guys are crazy for trusting the complete and total stranger." Bernard stormed off into the thundering atmosphere of rain.

A sigh escaped Croatia's lips as she turned back to Winnie.

"Sorry. He's an asshole and none of us like him. Took him long enough to get the gist.... Anyway, I'm Croatia. You are?" She was just as friendly as she was when her voice first came into auditory distance.

"Winnie. Winnie Okan. I would like last names, too, in case I need rebels for future reference." A sly smirk appeared on the girl's face.

"I am Croatia Crenning, the boy you first saw is my fiancé, Reeno Travis. You've seen Se-" Selene cut her off.

"I would like to not be soaked to the bone, thank you. Let's get inside and cover up so none of us end up with pneumonia. That's if we don't already have it."

Moments later, everyone fit into the small room with a crackling fire forming in the center.

"Selene. My name is Selene Emerson. The other girls are Garnette Aero," she pointed to the short haired brunette who first stood up for Waru. "Genia MacIntosh." A gesture to the ginger girl who stood beside Garnette in Winnie's innocence. "And my dear friend, Terra Sinclair." The last girl smiled, moving her shoulder length chocolate hair out of her eyes.

"So, I heard that you guys have a plan to take down sir Monroe himself...."

Winnie's eyes flashed open as a territorial growl from her pet radiated through the cave-like room. 'Smok...' She thought. 'You're here....' A thin smile spread across her face as the flashback abruptly ended.

"I see," Sonny mused. "Your pet is here to rescue your sorry ass. Great. I'll get to kill that hideous monster myself. After I torture you, of course." A warped grin was plastered to his freckled face. Slowly, he ran a hand through his ginger locks, anticipation for murder growing in his bones. He continued walking through the disused building, his steps light yet left a heavy sound to echo through the home of Winnie Okan. His blue eyes devoured what was around him, keeping a sharp eye out for the silent teenager.

At that moment, a ferocious roar blew into the room as Smok entered, along with his brought on chaos.

I would like to tag the people who portray the characters below and thank you guys for being so patient!

Croatia Crenning- wvgagirl
Selene Emerson- 7713smith
Genia MacIntosh- interstellarirwin

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR LETTING ME USE YOU GUYS IN THIS BOOK