~~~Chapter 6~~~

I woke up the next morning on the living room couch. Spidey was snoring slightly as his head rested on top of mine. Trying my hardest to look at him without waking him up, but it ended up causing someone else in the penthouse to notice my awake state causing me to jump. The jump was enough to startle Spidey awake as well and made the woman chuckle. As she got closer to us I recognized her as Agent Black Widow. What she was going in our living quarters I had no idea, but I'm pretty sure she didn't break in at least.

"Good morning you two." she said with a smile. Spidey and I looked at each other for a moment before jumping to opposite sides of the couch. The woman laughed as she walked back to the kitchen "Too late kids, I already sent a picture to Tony."

Nervously I stood and followed the woman to the kitchen, not bothering to look back at my partner. Once there I went to the freezer and found some toaster waffles. I made them for myself then sat on one of the wooden stools at the island to eat. Black Widow was looking at me from across the island drinking her coffee and just examining me. Eventually her gaze made me uncomfortable so I looked away, now ever interesting my bruise covered arms. Deciding that I should probably fix those, I wrapped my arms around myself and closed my eyes. Focusing my energy I began to heal myself of my minor injuries. I felt the usual warming sensation and opened my eyes. Quickly I went back to my waffles as if nothing had happened. Spidey, who had taken a seat next to me with some cereal, was unfazed, but black widow looked at me with a face of shock.

"What?" I asked with my mouth full.

The red head blinked a few times before standing up straight "You have healing magic?"

"Yes ma'am."

"That's not all." the boy next to me said while looking down "She starts messing with your blood if you irritate her."

For that comment I reached over and smacked my partner upside the head. This accidentally ended up with him gagging on his spoon. After removing it from his mouth he turned to me with a tired glare, but I only laughed. As revenge he took my second waffle and took a large bite out of it before putting it back down. My jaw dropped as he smirked while chewing my stolen food. Trying my best not to laugh I made a pouting face and crossed my arms turning away from him. Spidey then started poking my face while talking in a baby voice about me being angry. After a minute I couldn't hold in my laughter anymore and swatted away his hand. Black Widow looked at us with an amused smile before turning back to me.

"So Pe-."

"Spiderman!" my partner interrupted her.

"Right Spiderman, already told us how he got his powers, what happened to you?" the assassin asked curiously as she leaned down on her elbows while holding her cup of coffee in her hand.

"You want the long version or the short one?" I replied sheepishly.

The woman chuckled then looked at the clock "We have time, Let's go for the long one."

I smiled at her and Spidey who was now very interested then began to tell the story. Taking them back in time, I started at the end of that school day. The final bell rang through the halls of my highschool signaling the end of the day. Quickly students filed into the halls chatting loudly with friends. About two thirds of the students then went to head home as the other third spread out to their after school activities. I was one of the after school kids. Quickly I turned down the twisting halls to the band room. Since there was a football game this week we had double practice, which means this was our second practice this week, we had already had one on Monday.

I shook my head slightly as I thought about my sore right arm, and how badly it was going to be hurting by the time the game was over. That's just how it is for the first few weeks of the season every year. All the girls were worn out as we built back up muscles. In case you're wondering what I'm rambling about, my after school activity is marching band. I am one of fifteen girls who make up the school's colorguard. My specialty is flag, but I also know saber and a tiny bit of rifle. After wandering the bandroom for a bit I slipped into the guard room and grabbed my flag bag. Flinging the six foot bag over my shoulder I made my way to the back of the football field to wait. I was the first girl on the team so I sat alone as other sections warmed up a little bit. After a moment I took out my flag and made my way to the drum line. My best friend waved at me before meeting me halfway with his snare already on.