~~~Chapter 13~~~

I slept so peacefully that night. When I woke up the next morning however, I dreaded leaving my room. I knew a lecture from Tony was most likely waiting for me in the kitchen. With a sigh I sat up in bed before making my way to my bathroom to shower. Once i was done i changed into a cropped hoodie and some jean shorts. Throwing my hair into a ponytail I hesitantly left my bed room and walked into the kitchen where Mr.Stark was waiting with his coffee in hand. At first the man didn't look up at me so i assumed that he hadn't noticed that i was up yet. With that hope i tried to sneak past him to the elevator so i could hide in my studio, but i wasn't that lucky.

"Good morning Dorothy." Mr.Stark said right as i reached out to press the elevator button "I bet you slept well after your adventures in D.C."

I looked down before turning to the man with a nervous smile "Yeah I slept great so I bet i'll get a lot of work done today, I should probably go do that."

"Not so fast." Tony stopped me as he got close to me. Awkwardly he reached an arm out and placed it on my shoulder "You did great yesterday. My dad never did this kinda thing so I'm kinda winging it please bear with me. I watched the video, all the way through. I'm sorry that you were overlooked at the end. Just know that I'm so proud of you and you did a wonderful job, um, Sweetheart?"

When Mr.Stark hesitantly said the pet name i couldn't help but smile a little bit "Thank you. Any you're doing a good job with the dad pep talk as well." I told him, causing the man to smile "Honestly Mr.Stark, Ever since i lost my parents i didn't think anyone would fill their place in my life. Since I've started working with you, I've felt as if that space is finally being filled. Thank you for that."

Tony chuckled then hugged me "I don't have a daughter, but if I did i would want her to be just like you." the man mumbled then pushed me at arms length "Now, have fun today and don't forget about band practice at three. Tomorrow is friday so tonight you'll be heading home. Have fun at homecoming. If i need you or need me, use Wesley, ok?"

"Thanks Dad." I said with a smile, purposely calling him dad in a non sarcastic tone.

Tony smiled at my words then pressed the elevator button and pushed me into the car "Go have fun be a teenager but don't kiss any boys."

I waved to the man while rolling my eyes but still a smile was on my face. With a content sigh I rode the elevator down to the ground floor and walked to my studio. Rather than sitting down to work however I grabbed my purse and left the tower. With Wes playing music in my ear I took a walk around the area surrounding the new tower with a smile. It was a nice change of pace. After a few minutes I found a small coffee shop and stopped in. Buying a moca an a cookie, I took a seat near a window of the shop and proceeded to watch people as I enjoyed my snack. As i ate i looked down at the time to try and get a feel of how long i had been wandering, and was surprised to see it was already ten. I did sleep late, but that's still a while to just be walking around alone. Unfortunately after looking at the time I suddenly felt extremely bored.

"You have an incoming call from Spiderman." Wesley suddenly said causing my face to light up

"Pick up!" I cheered and grabbed my phone to pretend that's what i'm talking about. "Hey hot stuff, why aren't you at school?"

"H-hotstuff?" Spidey replied causing me to chuckle a little bit "Anyways I could ask you the same thing, If you picked up so fast you can't possibly be in class."

I giggled a bit at him before leaning on my elbow and taking a sip of coffee "that is correct Mr.Stark has had me as an excused absence for the past few days so i could get some extra work done and settle into the new tower, So i'm currently in this cute little coffee shop. Anyways if you call you clearly need something."