~~~ Chapter 15~~~

Once I got home I was nearly tackled by Sarah who was super excited about helping me get ready for tonight. She wasn't the only one, Felicity was also bouncing off the walls at the idea of getting me all dolled up for tonight. They didn't know that I had a date tonight. In fact I told him he was going with some friends, which was mostly true since I'm pretty sure Peter and I will be with Michelle and Ned all night but I'm okay with that. Also saying that i'm going with friends rather than a date helped justify the fact that Ned was coming to get me now instead of Peter.

After prying Sarah off, my sister turned on some music and we began to get me ready for the night. First I went to the bathroom and took a quick shower, mainly so I could shave my legs. Once i was done i went back to my room and threw on my dress then dried my hair making it all very poofy. Felicity and Sarah then came into my room and complimented my dress before I sat down. Sarah sat on my lap as her mother curled and pinned up my hair into a cute low bun with a braided design that was mainly there to hold back my hair. Sarah then ran to her room and came back with loose glitter that she decided to throw into my hair, saying that it was magic to make my night perfect. Her mother and I both giggled at her before the hairspray was put in my hair.

At this point we took a quick break to eat before I had my makeup done. I sat at the table with an apron on as we ate our chicken alfredo. Once done i went back to the bathroom and washed my face before doing some simple makeup with just a little bit of added sparkle to match my dress and hair. Once i was completely ready i walked back to the living room to see the girls who helped me get ready standing there cheering about how good i looked. After some thank you's I began to dance with Sarah while Feilicy took some pictures of us. Sarah then called dibs on putting my corsage on me which caused me to laugh, but let her as her mom took lots of pictures. Eventually Ned showed up and the two of us took some goofy pictures together before I put on my heels and we left.

The entire way to school, Ned and I joked around. It was actually a lot of fun. Ned knew i had a crush on Peter and that i was going to try and hang out with him a lot tonight, maybe even confess, yet whenever i mentioned it he seemed to tense up a little bit. I didn't find out why until we got into the dance. Upon first arriving Michelle was acting weird as well. She seemed to be forcing herself to block my view of something. At first, I laughed it off but eventually, I became annoyed and she moved. When she did my eyes widened and my hand covered my mouth. There is the center of the dance floor was Peter with Liz. the boutineer i bought him on his jacket as he held her hands and talked to her. I shook my head and sighed before telling Michelle that I was going home and leaving. My friend tried to chase after me but she only got me to stop for a moment.

"Dorothy, I thought he told you." she started, "I knew you guys were going to go together, I am so sorry."

I turned to her and shrugged with a sad expression. "Michelle, He was just going with me because I went to that stupid party. I should have known that was the only reason but I got my hopes up. I can't compete against Liz, I'll lose every time." With that, I hailed a cab and took it upstate to the tower, where I rushed into my studio and sat with my head on my desk trying not to cry.

Wesley told me that I shouldn't be upset and tried to comfort me as much as a robot could. Nothing helped though. I was lost in thought. Why did I think Peter could actually like me? I knew he liked Liz. I never had a chance. At least I didn't confess. After some time I'd get over him ditching me for another date without even telling me and we'll go back to just being friends. That was going to be the end of the story regardless of what I wanted and I knew it. As much as the thought upset me, it comforted me as well. Even if I couldn't be with Peter at least I'd always have him with me as a friend. My thoughts got interrupted by the sound of the door opening.