Chapter 9 ~ Leaving... For Now?

Start from the beginning

Her vision changed to Jedi younglings.

No...no! NO! Not the younglings! Ahsoka thought desperately as they were being killed as well. How could someone kill poor, innocent children? She thought that even the Sith would be more compassionate than that! Despite her thoughts, they continued to be inhumanely slaughtered. The worst part? They were dying on the blade of a blue lightsaber. There was a traitor in their midst.

Ahsoka tried her best to see who the malicious person behind the robes were, but her efforts were in vain. Apparently the Force didn't think that Ahsoka should know the identity of the killer.

Is it Chancellor Palpatine? Ahsoka thought, however she denied it. The stature of the mysterious traitor was much taller and more filled out than the prune of an old man.

Then, just as suddenly as it started, the vision was gone. It was as though she wasn't supposed to see much; and Ahsoka believed she hadn't. She had a good feeling that was just the tip of the iceberg of disaster that would come in the future. Disaster she had to do something about.

That's just it, Ahsoka thought decisively to herself, now that I know what I must do, it is time for me to leave.

The Daughter had been right; Ahsoka would know when to return back to Coruscant. However, before Ahsoka walked out the doors, she felt a certain room calling to her. She followed the echoing Force throughout the dusty halls and into a room that looked as though it were meant for meetings. There was a large table with a hologram transmitter in the center, but that wasn't what had Ahsoka's attention piqued. On one of the walls, there seemed to be a map of some sort.

The Togruta wandered up to the map and studied it. She was shocked when she realized that it displayed a hyperspace route off of Dantooine and to a nearby planet. There was a different path beside Myto's Arrow? That was impossible!

But sure enough, line showed the trajectory for a jump to light speed at a certain angle, which eventually fed them into space behind another planet. From there, you could turn around and steer past the planet, then resume hyper space and travel to whichever planet of your choice.

Why would this be kept a secr... Ahsoka's thoughts trailed off as realization dawned on her. The reason this much safer route was hidden was to ensure that it would be nearly impossible to travel to Dantooine and discover the Gray Jedi's Temple. They had done so to ensure the safety of their base.

Ahsoka ran her fingers across the map absentmindedly as she tried to memorize the path. Once she was fairly confident in her knowledge, se gave the room one last look and hastily walked out. Even though she had a feeling that she wasn't, Ahsoka wanted to make sure she wouldn't be too late to save the galaxy.

Ahsoka grunted as she remembered the long journey back to the village. It would take her nearly a day to get back, and she really didn't feel like wasting that much time. She thought about self-manipulating her body Force into flying, but she knew that she wasn't that strong yet. She doubted that would even get her halfway.

Suddenly a thought dawned on her.

"Work smarter, not harder," Ahsoka said to herself and tapped her head, a smirk playing on her features. She drew her wrist comm out of her bag and reattached it to her arm, then dialed a couple buttons.

"Hey R6, would you mind flying the ship over to these coordinates?" She spoke into it.

A series of angry and concerned beeps and whistles followed.

"Yes...yes...no, I'm fine. No, I don't think that I died. Yes, I'm sorry, I'll let you know the next time that I'll be gone for this long," Ahsoka replied, rolling her eyes and letting out a small chuckle. The transmission cut off after R6 informed her that it would be there soon, and Ahsoka sent the droid her coordinates.