You're What?! | Haruhi x Female!Reader (Request)

This is a request by Multi-FandomWriter

Haruhi x Fem!Reader

Enjoy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Your POV

Humming softly, I run my fingers through my hair, rubbing the knots through my hair, as I come up to the grand metal gates that lead toward a huge academy fit for the gifted, the rich and the privileged. An audible gulp resounds in my throat as I tighten my grip around the basket I held in my hands. Anxiety gripping at my throat, threatening to push my breakfast up, as I slowly take a step onto the school grounds, biting my lip nervously as I, a commoner, a lowlife, walk deeper into the gates of hell. Knowing that as soon as their pretentious little eyes lay upon me, they would eat me alive. Rip me to pieces, tearing me apart before spitting me back out... but I can't let that get to me.

I had a purpose. There was an important reason as to why I was facing the beast headfirst.

My long term girlfriend, Haruhi Fujioka, managed to score herself a scholarship within this prestigious school. However, that came with price, having to be the top of her classes and maintaining a good score on all of her exams, which, in turn, stresses her out. It had been forever since her and I actually got some proper girlfriend time, usually schoolwork took up her time and I didn't want to stress her out more by pulling her away from it. So instead, I had resorted to being her rock and her support system if she ever broke down.

Now, after having a full on conversation with my mirror, I managed to pluck up the courage to surprise my girlfriend at her school. Wanting to invite her to a surprise picnic for lunch to try and reassure her that she's doing amazing and that she needs to relax every once in a whole otherwise she'd just burn out eventually.

I couldn't let her down. Not after I worked so hard for this...

Forcing a smile upon my face, I walk down the long elegant halls gracing the school building, looking around at the decor, marvelling at how expensive it seemed to even be in this school. Haruhi was so lucky! However, my forced happiness slowly dwindled away as I noticed the disappointed and snotty looks the students of the school shot my way. I could instantly see the wheels in their brain turning as they penalise each and every aspect of my outfit. Sure, my school didn't have a very expensive nor attractive uniform (because it didn't even have one!), we wore whatever we wanted to my school which often gave us the freedom we wanted.

Cursing under breath, I gently tap on the shoulder of a girl who looked, somewhat, friendly, instantly apologising as she turns around to face me. Not wanting to upset her.

"Sorry to interrupt you," I begin, nervously tucking my hair behind my ear, "Do you know where Haruhi Fujioka is by any chance?"
"Oh, he's in music room three," she explains, crossing her arms, making it sound like I was dumb for not knowing, "Why do you want Haru - kun anyway? Are you his maid?"
"Uh... no..." I stammer, rubbing the back of my neck, "Thank you for your help,"

Without another word, I race through the hallways, looking at each and every sign hanging by the door. However, I was confused. Why were they referring to Haruhi as a male? I never got the memo about her changing her pronoun, and surely I'd be the first to know considering I'm her girlfriend... I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation.

Finally, after circling the school countless times, I find the room in looking for, gently knocking on the wooden oak doors before teetering in. My eyes widening at the sight before me. It was a damn Host Club. Is this some kind of sick joke?

"Ah! A poorly dressed princess," a blonde male sings, taking my hands in his, "What brings you here my sweet angel? Love? Destiny?"
"Uh... I'm here to see Haruhi..." I reply, yanking my hands from his grip, sending him a small glare, "I'm... her girlfriend,"
"What?! You're telling me my precious Haruhi is... is... homosexual! But they're supposed to be the homosexual people!" The blonde rants pointing toward the other males, who only blank stare at them, "What kind of joke is this?"
"I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to my girlfriend that way, Tamaki - Senpai," I hear Haruhi groan softly, pushing her way toward me, "(Y/n), what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at school?"
"I wanted to surprise you," I say, blushing softly as my girlfriend presses a soft kisses to my cheek, "You've been so stressed out lately I wanted to give you some time to relax,"
"Aww! She's so cute!" 'Tamaki' gushes, his eyes sparkling, "She's my daughter too! I'm her new daddy!"
"Uh... what?" I question as Haruhi takes my hand
"Ignore him, don't question it," she replies bluntly

Nodding softly, I release a small giggle as Haruhi leads me through the hallways again, the stares I receive this time were of confusion and of jealousy. The girl I had asked earlier staring at me with pure anger, obviously having the hots for my girlfriend. But what confused me was how Haruhi wasn't in a dress, usually she'd wear one whenever she had the chance to when we were out on a date. Shrugging off the confusion, I slam into Haruhi as she comes to a complete stop, making us topple over, Haruhi laying on her stomach while I'm above her on all fours...

Damn my clumsiness!

Shrieking softly, I scramble off of her, helping her to her feet, brushing off the leaves and dirt speckles that decided to take a chance at calling her uniform home. She releases a small giggle, pressing a kiss to my forehead before grabbing the blanket resting on top of the basket, spreading it out across the wide field that belonged to the school. She sits down on one half, patting the free space beside her. Without any hesitation, I sit beside her, leaning my head on her shoulder while she wraps her arm around my back, kissing my temple.

Smiling softly, I pull out some food from the basket. A punnet of strawberries and some chocolate catching her eye as she raises a brow. Haruhi didn't really have a sweet tooth, not really enjoying chocolate as much as everyone else, but she does enjoy strawberries.. I mean who wouldn't?

"Hey, Haruhi," I speak up, looking toward the short haired female, her ears picking up, "Why do the girls at that school think you're a guy?"
"It's all some sort of miscommunication on the Host Clubs part," Haruhi explains rubbing the back of her neck, "Because of my appearance they thought I was male... only gradually releasing I was female over time and by then it was too late... I owe the club thousands of yen due to breaking a vase so I couldn't get away,"
"So what's up with that Tamaki guy?" I ask, kindly accepting the strawberry from her, "Does he have a crush on you or what?"
"Thats a story for another day, honey," she hums kissing my forehead, "That's a door you don't even wanna open,"

Releasing a small giggle, I press a kiss to her cheek, my chest swelling with warmth as she smile softly, her cheeks softly dusting a pale pink colour. It was moments like this that I cherished the most. Watching her beauty unfold before me as she tucks a short strand of chocolate brown locks behind her, softly nibbling at a strawberry. She was heaven, an angel.

And I was hers...