"Yo, Jo, where's your man?" AJ asks, tapping his watch after 30 minutes of waiting. "It's time to go."

"For real." Seth zips his coat up. "Let's leave before my parents change their mind."

Houston and Garner mock him, and I text Beau. Ten minutes and three unanswered calls later, I'm knocking on his front door.

The door swings open to reveal Mrs. Ellington, already dressed for the day. "Jovie, how can we help you?"

"Is Buea ready to go?" I smile politely.

"Oh, he took some medicine last night." She lets me in. "It knocked him out cold."

"Medicine." I wonder. "Is he okay?"

"He had a fever and sore throat. You can go check on him" She offers and after realizing I don't know the way; she leads me upstairs.

Opening up his door, she sends me a look that screams don't screw my son before walking away. Peaking my head in, I find him asleep in bed. My eyes scan his room, intrigued to know what his personal space is like to find it very... bland.

There's nothing personal in it. I'd go insane trying to sleep in here.

Resting on the edge of his bed, I touch his forehead. Holy shit, he's burning up.

He peaks a bleary eye at me, "Jo, what are you doing here?"

"It's Saturday. We're all packed and ready to go." I smile softly.

"Crap. I thought I set an alarm." He tries to get up and I force him down.

"No, you need to sleep. You sound horrible and you sorta look it too." I brush his hair out of his eyes. "Get some sleep, Boo."

Collapsing, he blinks deliriously. "Please don't tell Aspen he was right about me getting sick."

Laughing for his sake, I peck his forehead. "Deal, I'll see you when I get back."

"Wait." He motions to the bag on his dresser. "That's for you."

Grabbing it, I take a look inside. "It's s'more stuff."

"They have none of the things you're allergic to in them." He coughs. "Take it."

As my boyfriend lies in bed, I skip outside to find everyone gone except for one truck.

"Where is he?" Aspen asks, propped up against the passenger door.

"Sicker than a dog." I shrug. "Where is everyone else?"

"They left." He states, moving for his door. "We have to catch up."

He gets in and starts the engine and I come to a horrifying realization. I'm going to be stuck in a small space with Aspen for over two hours. Alone.

I suddenly feel like I have a scratchy throat.

"Come on." He honks the horn and I fling his door open.

"Shut up." I huff. "I'm coming."

*****

It's been an hour and a half, and we've been silent. No music or faked conversation. Just the occasional throat clearing or sigh.

There's a reason they say tension is suffocating.

Getting gas in the middle of nowhere because someone, Aspen, forgot to fill up this morning, I decide to get a snack. Picking out some food, I head to the counter and hand the creepy old man a wadded up five-dollar bill.