Chapter 11.2 ✔︎

Not putting his boot down and forcing Yoongi to sit out, so the other's condition wouldn't carry on with its rapid deterioration, had been his third mistake. And as you say. Three strikes and you're out.

The first one to fall had been Jungkook – whom he'd also tried to keep his eyes on – The maknae had looked like he was doing somewhat better than Yoongi, and at the moment he'd truly thought that the youngest would be fine and that the singer would get through the rest of practice without any major hiccups despite the poor state his body was in, but right before the song reached its final note, the younger's knees buckled, and he was sent tilting forward. The maknae's forehead hit the floor with a harsh smack before his brain got the chance to realize what was going on.

Seokjin and Jimin were the first two to turn around and move towards the youngest, eyes widening further with each hurried step they took towards the maknae, and he and Namjoon were the next ones to follow, movements slightly calmer since the two others were already crouched by the youngest singer's side.

None of them noticed that neither Yoongi nor Taehyung had moved out of their spots, as they were too busy fussing over Jungkook who had only just been helped into a sitting position by the eldest and was being looked over by his fellow maknae, and because of that, none of them – except for the second youngest – had noticed that the rapper was still standing in his second to last pose, head tilted up, arms shakily reaching towards the ceiling, and body swaying lightly on the spot as if he was a piece of fabric that was gently being moved around by a close-to-nonexistent breeze.

From that moment and on, things and actions started passing by at such a quick pace that all of them would have been lying had they told any of the others that they hadn't experienced even the slightest bit of trouble keeping up with everything that was happening around them.

One second, Taehyung was calling out to Yoongi – concern creeping its way further into the second youngest's voice and coating his words in thicker layers the more the singer repeated the elder's name, despite the Daegu native's best attempts at keeping his worry sealed away – and in the next, the eldest rapper's eyes were rolling back into his head, and he was dropping to the floor like a ragdoll.

Seokjin – who's head had shot up the moment his roommate's name had left the 95-liner's mouth the first time – jumped up onto his feet without warning – startling Jimin as well as the two rappers that sat in front of Jungkook and had been in the middle of inspecting the younger's head – and rushed towards the falling rapper the moment the situation registered in his brain. Taehyung moved forwards mere milliseconds after the eldest, arms held out before him in the hopes that the action would make his chances of catching his hyung before disaster struck even just the tiniest bit bigger.

The second eldest's skull slammed against the floor before either of the two singers reached the rapper, and as if a spell had been cast over the room, all movement suddenly came to a completely stop.

The deafening sound had long since traveled its way into Jungkook's ears, but it wasn't until Seokjin and Taehyung threw themselves to the ground next to Yoongi's still body that the maknae found himself able to finally move. The singer's head snapped towards the origin on the blood freezing noise, and before the image being cast on his retinas had even been entirely processed in his mind, the youngest had pushed himself up onto his knees – movements showcasing a dizziness the singer didn't know he was experiencing until after he'd forced his exhausted limbs to move – and was attempting to get up on his feet.

If it hadn't been for Hoseok wrapping his arms around Jungkook and tugging the maknae back down to the ground in the following moment, the youngest would've most likely already have crossed half the distance separating the four of them and the three others before any of them would have the chance to part their lips and mutter a single word – that probably wouldn't end up having any effect on the singer anyway.