Chapter 8.2 ✔︎

"Hyungs?"

The three hyungs in question all turned their heads towards the hallway when they heard the voice of the group's youngest member, and were met with the sight of Jungkook and Taehyung – who looked like he was ready to fall asleep on his feet – standing a few feet away from the entrance to the living room. The pair of maknaes were each wrapped up in their own big fluffy white towel, which was covering them from their necks all the way down to their knees, as well as sporting slightly damp hair.

The two of them had finished their shower not that long ago – where Jungkook had had to practically help Taehyung through the whole process of showering as the elder had been dead on his feet to the point where he couldn't even raise his own arms to put shampoo or conditioner in his hair – and had, after wrapping themselves in a towels – as the maknae had completely forgotten to go get them clean clothes they could put on afterwards – automatically followed the quiet voices they could hear coming from the living room, until they were standing in the entrance to the big room, where they then proceeded to stand for a couple of seconds – Taehyung with his eyes closed, most likely drifting off and not hearing a single word that was leaving the three elders mouths – before Jungkook decided to make them known to the three people sitting on the couches.

"What were you talking about hyungs?" Jungkook asked the three elders, voice reflecting the tiredness he had begun to feel since they got back to the dorm. He knew of some of the things they'd been talking about as his ears had started to pick up on the conversation the three were having the moment he and Taehyung had stepped out of the bathroom, but he definitely didn't know everything.

At some point he'd heard bits and pieces about how Yoongi was working on a new mixtape so he'd tried to make the pace he and Taehyung were walking at faster so they could get further down the hallway where he would be able to catch more of the conversation, but by the time they were halfway down the hall and he could finally hear the spoken words clearer, the topic had shifted and the hyungs were talking about holding a group meeting – or at least that's what he assumed they had meant as the word 'meeting' kept being brought up – but not a normal one it seemed, as Seokjin out of nowhere talked about the possibility of someone collapsing if they didn't do anything. At first he'd been confused about who the eldest could be talking about, but then Yoongi's name had popped up in his head along with a picture of his awfully fragile looking hyung that his mind had promptly created as soon as the first syllable of the rapper's name had been whispered by his thoughts.

"Oh, it wasn't really anything important, we just wanted to wait for you and Taehyungie to finish showering so you wouldn't be up on your own, and then we fell into talk–" Namjoon began, answering for all three of them. A part of him wanted to tell the maknae what was going on – except for the bit that involved the younger – but a small voice in the back of his head was telling him that it would be better for them to keep it to themselves as the information would just put more unwanted stress onto Jungkook.

The three elders staying up and waiting for the two of them would have been a sweet thing for the others to do if it had been the actual reason their hyungs weren't currently sleeping, but sadly Jungkook was well aware that the words they'd been handed by Namjoon hadn't been the truth, and it was making disappointment bubble up in him, cause did the others really think that lying had been the better choice to make. Despite the situation being slightly different, it almost felt they'd traveled back in time to the early days of the group, the days where he, Taehyung, and sometimes Jimin weren't included in serious talks similar in nature to the one he'd just overheard the two rappers and one singer have simply because they'd been deemed too young by the rest of the members.

"–but now that both of you are done, we should get to bed. We have a long day ahead of us today, so it would be wise to get some sleep," Namjoon finished, effectively pulling Jungkook out of his thoughts. The two younger ones had interrupted them before he, Seokjin, and Hoseok got the chance to finalize a date, but maybe that had been a good thing as the three of them would probably just have kept going until one or all of them fell asleep.