Chapter 44

~~~~~~~~~Don't you hate it when someone knows you better than yourself?~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV: 

Here I am, in front of the door of my father's hospital room. Taehyung and I had a small fight yesterday as he once again insist me to visit my father. I strongly rejected it, but a part of me still want to see my father's condition. 

"There's no way I'm going to meet that man!" I told Taehyung yesterday in my office. 

"I know he hurt you, but he regretted everything, Y/N. He wants to see his daughter one last time, please give him the chance," Taehyung begged, but I coldly ignored him. 

I knock on the door as the weak man inside the room call me to come in. 

I saw him. Weak and fragile, but a lot better than before. Taehyung must be taking good care of him. He smiles weakly as he gesture me to walk come inside. 

"Taehyung told me that you'll come. I've been waiting for you." He told me as he stare at the ground with his eyes fill with guilt. 

How did that jerk know that I'll go to the hospital? Dammi! I hate it when he knows about me more than I know about myself. 

"Hi," I simply told the older man and took a seat beside his hospital bed.

He has this grey hair and his mustache growing slightly. His bones peak out of his frail arms as I can see how weak he has become. Maybe he doesn't have the strength to hit me again.

"I know I was never a father to you. I was a big ass jerk. And I'm so sorry, Y/N." He, once again, look down and play with the hem of his shirt. "Taehyung told me that you have become a successful women. I'm so proud of you daughter," he smiles softly with his eyes fill with guilt. He's ashamed of himself. 

"Yea, I am." I sighed, not knowing what else to say. I wanted to lessen the awkward silence in the room, but we have nothing to talk about except the awful incidence during my childhood. Should I talk about him needing alcohol all the time and beating me up for it? Should I talk about how stress my mom was before she ran away and left me behind? Should I talk about how people at my school thinks that he raped me, while it never even occurs? Should I talk about the nights that I cut myself and Jungkook wrapping his arms around me to stop? Should I talk about all the struggles that I face because of him? No, I shouldn't because this will make him feel like shit. 

"Taehyung is right. You've become so much prettier. You remind me of your mom," he nonchalantly said, totally forgetting the part where he mentioned my mother. 

I tensed when I heard the word 'mom'; the women who left me behind. The women who ran away as if everything will be solved is my mother. How cruel can life be? 

"Please don't talk about her," I told him, trying my best to be polite. I can't hold it anymore. The more I see him, the more he reminds me of my past. And not only that. He reminds me of Jungkook too. The once who became a shield that would protect me from those traumatic events. He would always sing to me to sleep. He would always wrap his strong arms around me for warmth. His soothing voice would always give me a reason to live. I miss him. And I still love him. 

Meanwhile...

Third POV: 

Taehyung followed Min-Jun after his work. Now, he is waiting Min-Jun to walk inside a convenience store in a dark alley way. The store is super small and the lights are very dim. It looks like one of those stores in a horror movie. Taehyung has never been to this place before. 

After Min-Jun walk out of the small convenience store with a black plastic bag, he walk toward a nearby apartment. It was a small dirty apartment that Taehyung never imagine to stay. After Min-Jun went into that apartment, Taehyung decided to go into the store. As soon as he walk into the store, the smell of alcohol hit him, lingering with smoke. 

A lady in her fifties was smoking beside a young man that is chucking down a beer with ease. Both of them ignored Taehyung as the dim light does not make his presence noticeable. 

Taehyung grab some ramen packets to pretend like he is a new customer there. He confidently walk toward the counter with a small smirk playing on his lips. 

The old lady scanned Taehyung up and down with a scoff. "Why does a young rich man like you come here to buy ramen? No one come here to buy these silly little things, in case you don't know. We sell drugs and I know you can afford it. Want to try some?" The lady offered with her hands full of weeds. 

"No thanks. I came here to ask about the man that walk out of this store earlier. Do you know him?" Taehyung ask, slightly scare that he is in an illegal area. Police can literally arrest him by mistake, thinking that he is buying drugs. 

"Min-Jun?" The boy beside the lady ask as he throw away his beer bottle in a nearby trash can. The old lady hand Taehyung the ramen packs. 

"Yes. Is it his real name?" Taehyung ask again. 

"We'll need something more than just the money you buy for ramen if you want to know more about him.  How about $10,000 for the valuable information you want?" The boy raised his eyebrows, testing Taehyung whether he is willing to pay the money that he wants. 

"Sure. Just tell me about that guy." Taehyung nonchalantly told him since money was never a problem for him. 

"His real name is Min-Jun and he is a con artist. Police has been searching for him everywhere these past few months and I heard a girl is helping him out. I have no idea who she is but seems like she's rich. I was his delivery boy so I know most stuff about him. He payed me to keep his secrets, but he stopped paying me last week. He said he was busy, but I know those are just lame excuses. Since you are offering me more than he can ever give, what do you specifically want to know about him?" The boy ask with a big lazy smirk on his face. 

"Did he go to Paris a month ago? Did you ever heard anything from him?" Taehyung straightly ask his question without hesitation. He is paying anyways. 

"He visited Paris last month. He didn't tell me anything about that trip, but he stopped paying me afterwards. He said he found an easier target and that he'll become very rich. He promise to pay me later, but I'm pretty sure its one of his lies."

Taehyung nodded his head as the information clearly started to draw a picture. Min-Jun is using Y/N and he needs to prove it in front of Jungkook and Y/N. He still wonders who this girl that is helping Min-Jun out. Does she want the money too?

"Listen boy, if you can find out who the girl that is helping him is, I'll pay you $20,000. I'm not lying, trust me. I can pay you even more. Just make sure you know who this girl is. Bring some evidence. You'll become the rich one here," Taehyung smirk at the younger boy, leaving him speechless. Taehyung is smart when it comes to these critical situation. He would be willing to pay any amount to save Y/N. And he couldn't believe himself that each and every day he is falling for her. He is falling deep, but he is scared that she wouldn't catch him at the end. 

TO BE CONTINUED.....