XXIV - Crush

“What the fuck is this Zodiacs thingy?” I looked behind and saw a woman brooding at the bulletin board.

She possesses these alluring chestnut eyes along with dark brown wavy hair. And in broad daylight, a goddess somehow descendent from heaven. The woman glared at the bulletin board and walked away.

And when I looked at the name where she was brooding at, I smirked.

“Scarlett Lexie Sphene…”

She was a zodiac, just like me. I can’t help but be amused that she was one step ahead of Darren. If I am the first seat, she was the fourth.

At katulad nang inaasahan ko, hindi lamang isang beses kaming magtatagpo. Parehas kaming nakatira sa Celestial Kingdom kasama ang ibang zodiacs at sa kanilang lahat, si Scarlett lang hindi halos pamilyar sa akin. Sina Logan, Clover at Darren ay mga katulad kong taga-pagmana samantalang ang iba naman ay ka-partner ng mga magulang ko sa business.

“What do you think of her?” I asked.

Logan and Clover gave a suspicious look while Darren just shrugged.

“She’s pretty,” Darren answered. He innocently looked at me, “How about you? What do you think of her?”

Scarlett is a lazy, cold-hearted woman, and it was my first thought in our first encounter. But upon living with her under the same roof, that description was being torn day by day.

She constantly argues with Thalia.

Hallie always scolds her for saying too many bad words.

She’s loves talking with the twins, especially if it’s about anime.

Darren always teases her every time that she’s late for the meeting.

She is cautious and scared of Logan’s rebukes.

And most of all, she loves eating Potchi secretly.

“She’s interesting…”

All along, I thought that I was the only one who knows her hidden behavior about Potchi. But little did I know, even Clover knows it. He even puts packs of Potchi in our pantry for her to eat.

And it was too late for me to realize that I’ve grown to like her that even the slightest attention I got from could actually fulfill my day. It was unexpected.

“Nice. Rank number ako sa weekly top player,” I boastfully said to Logan while pointing my name on the screen.

I laughed when he suddenly threw a pillow on my face. Most people think that I am the most happy-go-lucky heir among the others, but they didn’t actually know that I am held captive in a translucent cage. I can’t get the only thing I wanted—Freedom.

The person I loathed the most in the Garnet Family is my grandfather. I was close with him back in the days when Amethyst still doesn’t exist. But when that person came, he vanished and left me hanging. I thought it was only a one-time thing, but to my surprise, he even has the guts to boast all the achievements of that person right in front of my face.

Amethyst that, Amethyst this— it was deafening, it was suffocating. And because of that, I hated my shadow without actually knowing the person behind that name. That person made me felt so little; that person made me thought that I couldn’t even protect myself.

But among the surprises in life, the most disappointing is that knowing Scarlett and Austin being a fan of that person.

“Richard Esquivel? Keigo’s best friend?” I asked while pointing at the unnamed dead student’s body.