The End. Three Years Later.

I sit in our living room, waiting. Dressed in my new suit and a car hired for this evening, I awe at the life I now have.

Purdy is upstairs getting ready for another one of her art exhibitions. Purdy still goes to art college she wants that diploma even though she has made her name.

And you Nerd boy I hear you shout what did you end up doing.

Well, after my mother's arrest, life dramatically changed. It turns out my mum didn't have Munchausen syndrome by proxy she was trying to murder me. I found out that her mother my granny as I called her left me everything in her will but if I died before my 18th birthday she would inherit 4 million pounds. If I died after my 18th the money was to go to my dad. He knew nothing of this money, and he always wondered why my mother had so much money turned out my Granny had set aside a pocket money account and lump sums would be added every month.

The pills that my mother had given me over the years were slowly killing me, and if it weren't for Purdy and Crusher, I would be dead.

It took two weeks to recover from that last lot pills I was given. Getting your stomach pumped was never on my to-do list. We never made it to Hightower and Janey's house that weekend, but purdy took me when I was well again. And she was right about how beautiful the sun shined in that yellow room.

Purdy came down our stairs wearing a gorgeous burgundy short dress with lots of skin and ink showing. I just stared at her, I know she is out of my league, but she loves me, and everyone knows how much I love my Purdy.

As I watch her make her way downstairs, she stops halfway and says.

"Teaching. You tutor everyone in the neighbourhood."

This is true; I ended up not going to university or college. I decided to use the money to expand Purdy's step-mums business, and I found out that I love to cook, and I am good at it. I help everyone with their taxes and anything legal. It turns out I know quite a bit of law, listening to my parents has come in quite handy, and if I am stuck in can just read about it. It turns out that even with all the drugs I was force-fed, I have a brain that pretty much remembers everything.

"So no uni then? A real absolute no of the subject, are you happy here working at now your and Denise's cafe?" She asks, and I am sure Purdy is hiding something.

"Yes, purdy. I'm staying right here in your cottage, now ours and I wouldn't change a thing. Ed and Darnell are not too far away to visit, and I'm now best mates with crusher. Life is good Purdy there's nothing else that could top that." I say.

"Stevie Sweetie. I could top that." She said grinning.

"How would you like to be a dad?" I was on my feet in seconds, probably looking dumbstruck as well as speechless.

Then she said it,

"Stevie, we are pregnant!"

The End.

*****Thanks for reading my first completed novel. I appreciate your time, your votes and your comments.