Chapter Forty Three

EDITED 5/30/2020

The house that I am using for the story, I found on Zillow.com It's in Glen Head, New York at 32 Evans Drive for nearly $3,000,000. If you want to go check it out it is gorgeous and has enough room for for future plans. Magnus' loft was getting kinda crowded, don't you think?

Alec woke up and at first all he noticed was that he didn't know where he was. He could tell he was in a bed and he was pretty sure he was alone in the room. The bed was very comfortable, and he had been tucked in. The curtains were drawn but there was still enough light in the room that he could make out shapes, if he had held his hand in front of his face, he would be able to see it.

However, once he came around a bit more, he could feel the pain. The pure, unadulterated pain. His joints locked up and his head tilted back as he gritted his teeth. His legs and feet were sore all to hell, but it was nothing compared to his chest, abdomen, back, arms and neck. Being burned alive would hurt worse.

He must have made a noise because someone that was apparently sitting at the foot of the bed was standing beside him within a moment.

"Alec?" It was Simon. A light beside the bed turned on and Alec could see him better. "Hey, man it's okay. It's gonna be okay, I'll go get Magnus." He turned to leave but Alec called out to him quietly.

"No." He gasped. "Don't leave." He couldn't move, he could barely breathe. The pain was so intense.

Simon nodded. "I'll text him." Simon pulled his phone out and typed on it before turning back to Alec. "I'm sure he'll be here soon. We're all worried about you. You slept through the portal trip here and most of the unpacking. Every time you woke up you were out of it, didn't even recognize Magnus. You kept asking him to go find himself and then crying when Magnus said that he was him, which kind of sounds weird but I can't think of any other way to say it."

Alec just listened to Simon talk, it admittedly soothed some of the pain since he was so focused on what the vampire was saying.

"Should I stop talking?" Simon asked. "Is my voice hurting you more?"

"No." Alec choked out, he felt like his throat was closing up.

"Right. So, we've been here for almost a day, I think. It's about four in the afternoon. Jem, Tessa, Wesley, Clary, Madzie, Raphael, Magnus, Catarina, Me and you are here. Catarina is going back to Brooklyn tomorrow, but I'm going to stay for a few days to help out. Jem and Tessa took over the basement, the house is amazing by the way. It's like a mansion. Clary and Wesley have a room a few doors down from here, Madzie has the room right next to yours. Catarina keeps conjuring her up some toys. Raphael took the room next to Clary's and this is obviously your room which leaves four empty bedrooms which Magnus looked a little pleased with so I'm not sure what that means . . ." He would have said more but Magnus and Catarina came into the room.

Magnus closed the door behind him as Catarina shooed Simon away from Alec's side. She took the comforter and peeled it away from his body, Alec looked down at his torso to see that someone had placed bandages over his wounds. The only problem is that some of them were stained red with blood, and a few others were soaked a light green.

Alec wasn't stupid or uneducated when it came to injuries. He knew what it looked like when burns were infected, third degree burns were worse.

Increased or persistent pain. Increased redness in or around the wound. Swelling in or around the wound. Increased Drainage. Change in the color of drainage. Foul smell. Warm feeling from wound. Bleeding from the wound. Chills or fever. Loss of appetite. Vomiting or diarrhea.

The runes were infected.

"Alec," Catarina went to say.

"I've got an infection. Right?" He asked her.