Chapter 18

It felt strange holding Julian's hand. My arms were covered in goose bumps and I swear I had butterflies as big as dinosaurs in my stomach. My hand was so small compared to his and I guess that was because he was 6'2" and I, barely 5'3". He slowly led me to dance floor which was already covered with students dancing. The DJ was playing 'Let it Go' from Frozen. I loved the movie but I had had enough of the song.

"Classic," he laughed at the song as we started dancing.

"I don't believe they are actually playing this at the Halloween ball."

"This calls for a special dance," a mischievous smile spread over his face.

"What kind of special dance?" I asked curiously.

He started to dance with dramatic moves like Elsa from the movie. I looked at him with my eyes wide open in shock.

"What are you doing?" I couldn't help giggling little girl.

"Let it go, let it go...Can't hold it back anymore...Let it go, let it go, turn my back and slam the door...And here I stand...And here I'll stay..Let it go, let it go..." He started to sing along.

"The cold never bothered me anyway," I joined him in my drunken stupor.

I don't know if it was because I had a little too much to drink or if it was the best thing ever to dance on that song with Julian. We were laughing crazy and singing along with all kinds of silly dance steps. I had to hold on to him to keep myself from falling down due to laughing so much. The song ended and a new song started to play.

"I love this song!" I exclaimed as I heard 'Kiss me' by Ed Sheeran.

"Yeah he is talented," he nodded as his hand reached down to hold my waist.

How was I supposed to respond to that? I have never ever slow danced with a boy. His arms felt so right around me. My arms automatically reached up and wrapped around his neck. Maybe just for that night I could forget that I was Chas and he was Julian; and we hated each other guts. At that moment I didn't feel like I hated him at all in fact I felt quite the opposite. All that alcohol had certainly made me braver and I could accept my feelings. The feelings I had been running away from since a long time.

"I would be here than being any place else," he whispered in my ear. "I haven't felt like this before."

I laughed, "I bet you say that to every girl you meet."

"Believe what you want to," he replied. "I am just happy to feel something like this. It's been a long time."

I looked up at him and saw his beautiful golden-hazel eyes behind the mask. Eye that made me grow weak in the knees.

I lost a count of the number of songs I danced on with him. I was having a wonderful time with him and it was also...romantic. Never before I had experienced something like that. I wanted to kiss his lips so bad.

"Hey," he held my face between his hands. "Do you want to get out of here?"

The tone of his voice scared and excited me at the same time. I nodded slowly.

What was I doing? I was unable to process anything in my head properly. The only thing I was aware of was how he was making me feel. I couldn't wait to be alone with him.

***

He was leading us to his room. I knew the directions to his room well due to the prank I had played on him and how well it had worked. Even though it was a pity he still had looked gorgeous in silly blue smurfy hair.

He didn't say a word while we were walking. The air between us was thick with anticipation. He couldn't really know who I was right? I had recognized him in an instant but I was sure he couldn't. How could he? He didn't feel the same way towards me. Or did he?