Chapter 13

"Yeah dad I swear I'm alright," I fiddled with the phone's wire as I talked on the old fashioned telephone receiver.

"You can tell me if you are suffering from any kind of inconvenience and we can sort something out and get you back to your old school," My father's voice boomed into my ear.

"I can't keep changing my schools you know...and besides it's not that bad here. I've even made some friends."

I was sitting on a chair in the staff room. That was the place from where the students made and received calls from their parents and friends. After dinner, I had decided to give call my parents. I was a little homesick and I had to take my mind of Julian. He had behaved so strangely with me in the library. I could still feel his minty fresh breath on my face. Not good, I had a boyfriend and I hated Julian. Then why was it bothering me so much? I had to talk to Tiana about it.

It was a good thing that the teachers had left the staff room. Mrs. Strange had given me key which was used to luck the staff room. Before leaving I had to lock the room and then hand the key to the school guard.

"Do you see how my little girl had grown up, Adrianna?" My father called out to my mother who must've been standing beside him.

"I'm coming to pick you up on Saturday morning and then we'll do whatever you want and go wherever you want Chas...just know that daddy loves you so much."

"I love you too dad," a smile spread on my face. I was so lucky to have such a loving family.

"Here talk to Tee...she's been trying to snatch the phone from my hand all this while," he laughed.

"Chas! How are you? How is school? Is it really bad? And did you get to talk to...umm...you know what I mean?" Tiana bombarded me with questions.

"Tee! You have no idea about how strange things are here! The school is okay...the rules suck but I can work around them. The students here are pretty decent...a little uptight but bearable. But there's one thing I have to tell you!"

"Please tell me you didn't get into more trouble."

"No it's about Julian! He's such a bitch! Not at all like the way I pictured him. He keeps fighting with me. He hates me! And I hate him too!"

"That doesn't sound too good...hold on a minute."

After a few seconds Tiana exclaimed, "What did you do Chas? Did you play a stupid prank on Julian?"

She must have taken the cordless phone to her room for some privacy.

"I did but that was later. He's so Annoying Tee! I can't even stand him for a minute. And you won't freaking believe what he did in the evening!" Everything came out in a jumble.

"Slow down crazy...tell me everything from the start."

I took in a deep breath and told her about everything – starting from how we met to the strange library incident.

"You've got it," she said softly.

"What do you mean?"

"How can you be so thick Chas? He liked but he doesn't want to deal with that feeling so he pretends to hate you. It's just like first grade."

I couldn't believe that Tee made the same analysis as Emily. It had to be wrong. There was no way he liked me or I likes him for that matter. His flowing golden locks had no effect on me, nor did his sexy smirk leave an impression on me. Did I mention his shapely red lips? No I didn't care about them too.

"That's bull."

She sighed and spoke slowly as if she was speaking to a little kid, "I know everything about boys Chas. I know how their mind works and what they do when they are interested in a girl. I also know all the right ways to get them interested. You know that very well."