Chapter 9

"Don't you look just smurfing Julian," I laughed out after taking a look at Julian.

He looked as if he was about to burst. His face was red and closely resembled a tomato while his lips were mashed together forming a thin grim line. I had to accept his red face went well will his blue hair. I hated to accept the fact he looked hot even with the blue hair.

"You!" he managed to spit the words out of his mouth after the on-going battle in his mind finished, "Are as good as dead."

It was seven in the evening, so I was in library waiting for Miss Jenks to come back from the staff room. She had gone there to discuss about some school stuff. She hadn't seen Julian's new look as he had entered the library after she had left for some work.

I had got a sinking feeling after getting into the library. I actually felt as if I was drowning in a sea of books. They looked ferocious and deadly. I know to some people my comparison must seem lame but then I didn't like reading...even 'Pokey the Little Puppy" was too much for me to read. My fleeting concentration did not allow me to read. The good thing was the sinking feeling was replaced with a joyous feeling after Julian entered the library. This wasn't because I liked him in fact I hated him. I felt joyous because his hair was blue. Those luscious golden locks were actually blue!

"Me?" I pretended to look hurt. "What bad have I ever done to you?" I sat down on a tall wooden chair.

It seemed Mr Hanson had a passion for high ceilings, even the library had a high ceiling which made the library look even more foreboding if that was possible. I shuddered after looking at the shelves and shelves filled with viscous books.

"How could you do this Lane?" he demanded angrily.

"Do what?" I asked innocently.

"This," he raised his hand towards his hair as if they were something vile.

"They kind of look cool," I admitted seriously but then I burst out laughing.

"How dare you dye my hair blue?"

"Technically speaking I didn't dye you hair blue."

I opened a fat book kept on the table in order to avoid a conversation with him. I had a hard enough time to stop myself from laughing. Wasn't it a library rule to keep quiet? I doubted if Miss Jenks would've approved of me cackling like an evil villain in the library no matter how cool it seemed.

"You did something to my shampoo didn't you?" he asked circling my chair like a vulture.

"No I didn't. Now let me get back to Lestat and his cronies," I said pretending to be interested in the book in the book. I knew the book was about Lestat because I saw the title on the cover page 'The Vampire Lestat'.

"You are such a—" Julian couldn't find words to describe me.

"Stop being a whinny little bitch Julie."

"You don't know what I'm going to do to you," he seethed.

"This is war Chastity Lane."

"Not fan girl anymore huh?"

"I would've pounded your face in if you were a guy."

"Oh I'm scared."

"What is that?" Miss. Jenks exclaimed as soon as she stepped into the library.

"It's Chastity...she did this," Julian looked at me accusingly.

"I did not! Do you have any proof? Don't put on weird blames on me. it's not my fault you don't know the difference between temporary dye and shampoo."