Chapter 15

"I wish we could have taken you back home with us," dad tousled my hair.

"Couldn't we cancel on the meeting?" my mother looked at my dad.

"I know how important it is for you guys to get this contract," I forced a smile on my face. "You should go for it...and I have Tee to stay back with me for the weekend right?"

"Oh baby," mom hugged me tightly. "It's just been a week here and you sound so grown up already."

"We'll be there to pick you up next week for sure," Blaze punched my arm playfully.

We were standing outside the Kelson academy gate, where our car was parked. The wonderful Saturday morning was sadly over and it was time for my folks to go back home. My parents had a business meeting with some prospective clients and previously they were planning on cancelling it on my account. It would have been selfish on my part to keep them away from the meeting. I could go back home any weekend but they wouldn't have got another chance with those clients. So, after much discussion, they agreed to go for their meeting on Sunday.

Since Melissa and Emily had gone over to their respective homes for the weekend, my hostel room just had me staying in it for the time being. The principal gave permission to Tiana to stay over in my room for the Saturday night up to late Sunday evening. We could finally have some girl on girl time after so long. I was really looking forward to catch up with her. But there were some questions, she wanted me to answer...and that was not something I wanted to do.

"This week will get over even before you'll come to know...and then we'll be there to pick you up," dad promised. "And my little doll's birthday is coming up soon!"

I could never understand why my dearest father got so delusional at times. Little doll?

"There are still ten days to go dad." I was hard to keep myself from smiling. Birthdays were something which really excited me. I mean who could not be excited about devouring delicious cake and other goodies? And there were also birthday presents!

"So, the countdown begins!" Blaze laughed. "You must have already made a birthday list."

"No, I have not." That was a lie I expected to get away with.

"Then make one...you'll get whatever you'll wish for because you've been such a good kid," dad grinned.

"Christopher! How many times do I have to tell you, you're not supposed to spoil her rotten? Now Chas, sweety," mom held my shoulders, "You can decide on whatever you want as a birthday gift but try not to be too greedy. And no you're not getting a knuckle duster."

"But mom...they're very handy!" I whined.

"I'm not having a conversation about this again," she kissed my forehead and handed me a heavy bag which she had taken out from the car five minutes back. "Here are some double chocolate chip cookies and chocolate muffins I made yesterday, Tiana had helped me make them. What a darling she is. And please share them with your roommates when they get back on Monday. There's plenty to go around."

"We should leave now," dad planted a kiss on my cheek. "Take care darling and don't get into any trouble. Keep up the good work."

***

"You can't ignore my question forever," Tiana sighed as I lied down on my bed.

"About Eric? What about him?"

"You have to break up with him," she said a little irritated. "This relationship makes no sense! Do you even like him Chas?"

"Yeah...he's a good friend...and my boyfriend too...what's there not to like about him?"