Chapter 3

"What, what were you thinking?" Blaze spat angrily.

"You have gone too far this time, Chastity Lane. I never thought your silly pranks would've affected your studies." Dad slumped down on the dark brown sofa in the drawing room.

I felt incredibly small in the massive room with high ceilings and wooden walls. Even the light from the victorian lamps on the table next to dad stared at me accusingly. Yours parents are going to kill you, you idiot! They seemed to say.

"You are an imbecile and an uncontrollable child," My mother thundered so badly that I swear I saw the crystal chandelier on the ceiling shake.

"It was just a joke guys," I tried to laugh it off.

"You even involved Tiana? That's low even for you," Blaze said grimly.

I felt bad for involving Tiana. I would've never asked her to help me if I knew what all was coming her way. She certainly didn't deserve it. I was going to get her out of the mess though.

"My bad," I raised my hands in my defence. I already knew it was wrong to involve her.

"There's only one way to control her," mom gritted her teeth together.

"And what is that dear?" dad asked as he looked at me with narrowed eyes as if I was an animal they had to tame.

"We are going to send them off to boarding school," mom said making up her mind.

"Them? Mom! It wasn't Tiana's fault. I'm sure she was forced to participate in the pranks," Blaze refuted.

Of course, I had counted on Blaze to help Tiana out. He couldn't stay without her for day, so, sending Tee off to boarding school would've been a death sentence for both of them. Trust Tee to hook up with the biggest player and make him fall in love with her. It was hard not to fall in love with her. She had it all. Drop dead gorgeous looks and a sweet nature to go with it. The fact that she knew the exact rules to hook any possible guy on earth didn't hurt.

"I'm not listening to any excuses," mom growled, no joke, she really growled. That particular growl left her teeth bare and it would've have succeeded in scaring even a vampire or werewolf if they were real. Pfft ...Dracula, my mom was the real thing. I always wished I could imitate that look of hers to scare off pesky people.

"You are being a little unfair honey," dad butted in.

"Yeah mom, Tiana had been a straight A student and all the teachers love her," Blaze added.

Blaze had made up the line about all the teachers loving her but it didn't hurt did it? He had to convince mom Tee was totally innocent.

"She didn't want to do this, Blaze is right," I confessed.

"Tiana is such a nice girl and I thought she would be a good influence on you Chastity but it went the other way around," mom shook her head disappointed. "I guess I was being harsh on her."

"Finally you realised mom, it wasn't such a big deal. Let's have a nice family hug now," I opened my arms wide hoping for everyone to hug me.

"Harsh on Tiana, not you, you silly girl!" sadly my mom had other plans.

"So, what's the scene then?" I asked intrigued.

"The 'scene' is that we are sending you to boarding school and Tiana stays here," mom said.

"Oh no" I tried to sound horrified.

"I will talk to the principal for going a little easy on Tiana since all of this was your fault at the first place," dad said. "And I agree with her, you are going to boarding school."