Chapter Twenty-Four - Not What I Was Expecting

Ail's POV 

I packed the car with my suitcase and a few necessities. Ryder is in Dallas making a ride tonight then he'll come home with me. I haven't seen him for such a long time and I miss him so much. 

Once I reach the arena I run to the car park as fast as I can to meet Ryder. I see him climb out of his truck and run over to me. I wrap my legs around him and hold him tight.

''Hey.'' He says softly in my ear.

''Hey,'' I say back. I kiss his lips softly and stand back on my own two feet. 

''Come with me I have to show you something,'' he takes my hand and leads me over to a grey truck. ''This was a shock to me too, but if you don't want to be with me because of it I understand.''

God what is he on about, I love him and nothing can change that. Ryder opens the back door of the truck and sitting there in a baby seat is a little boy. With the same bit green eyes that Ryder has. He smiles at Ryder as he picks him up out of the seat. The little boy looks so cute dressed in a little pair of wrangler jeans and a pearl snap shirt. 

''This is Colt. He's my son. Last week his mother was killed in a car accident and I'm now his legal guardian.''

''Ryder. He is the cutest thing. Why would I leave you because of him? That is stupid.'' I say, I take Colt from Ryder and hug the little baby. He hugs me back and I watch Ryder smile. 

While Ryder makes one more ride for the night I look after Colt and have little chats with him. He talks a lot for a one-year-old. 

He sits on my lap as we watch the ride that his daddy is making

He sits on my lap as we watch the ride that his daddy is making. Ryder climbs into the chute and Colt starts to clap for him. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Once the gate is open and the bull lurches out of the chute with Ryder on his back, Colt cheers and gets excited as Ryder makes an 8-second ride. He jumps off the bull and runs over to where I'm sitting in the grandstand to hi-five Colt.